BQFlasher

vbimport

I guess, this might be due to the enclosure chipset. I am not really sure, but I think the crossflash worked with an enclosure based on Cypress AT2 chipset.

You want me to awake my own 1660P1 from its storage location and see if it is recognised by BQflasher when connected to a Jmicron based adapter? :slight_smile:

Edit:
BQFlasher does see my Philips 1660P1, connected to a Jmicron based IDE/USB adapter. VID=0x152D, PID=0x2338. JM20337 is printed onto the chip, as far as I can see.

I have not attemped to flash the drive now.
end Edit

Michael

[QUOTE=pepst;2621445]Is there any way how I could crossflash my Philips DVDR1660P1 (connected via IDE+SATA/USB adapter based on a JMicron JM20337 chipset) to a Benq DW1650 drive?
The drive cannot be detected by BQFlasher even though it’s detected and working in other programs like OptiDrive Control, IMGBurn, etc. Does this program work only with drives connected via IDE?[/QUOTE]

You have tried windwflash?

Windwflash worked like a charm! Thanks, Dean, Michael & Roar! Now I finally have a replacement for my dead Benq DW1655. :clap:

[QUOTE=pepst;2621530]Windwflash worked like a charm! Thanks, Dean, Michael & Roar! Now I finally have a replacement for my dead Benq DW1655. :clap:[/QUOTE]

Outstanding :clap: . Has always worked better for me with externals.

This is a relief for me. My world has been knocked off-axis since your last BenQ died :sad:. Nice to be back to normal :bigsmile:. Did the files help or did you already have them laying around?

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2621549]Outstanding :clap: . Has always worked better for me with externals.

This is a relief for me. My world has been knocked off-axis since your last BenQ died :sad:. Nice to be back to normal :bigsmile:. Did the files help or did you already have them laying around?[/QUOTE]
I found your email a few minutes after I successfully crossflashed my drive. It would have saved me a lot of time if I checked my mailbox earlier. :doh::bigsmile: Thank you so much for your help anyway. :flower:

[QUOTE=pepst;2621551]I found your email a few minutes after I successfully crossflashed my drive. It would have saved me a lot of time if I checked my mailbox earlier. :doh::bigsmile: Thank you so much for your help anyway. :flower:[/QUOTE]

Sorry Peter :o. As I stumbled(or my wife dragged me;)) off to bed last night I had a hunch I should have PMed you too :doh:.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2621552]Sorry Peter :o. As I stumbled off to bed last night I had a hunch I should have PMed you too :doh:.[/QUOTE]

It was my fault - I check that mailbox very sporadically. :doh:

Fine, you got it. :slight_smile: :clap:

But I am curious to know, why BQflasher [I]does [/I]see [I]my [/I]Philips 1660P1 with a Jmicron 20337 adapter and yours not. :confused:

Michael

@ pepst

good decision to crossflash the 1660p1. :clap:

I have to thank Quikee for this awesome tool

Looking for Benq 1640 firmware BSRB. CTV.

Philips DVDR1648P1 changed completely for Benq DW1640-said case to the original, the tray and front cover panel revised the original and crossflash for Benq

I’ve 1640 bsrb firmware somewhere around. …

But then, I’ll never share that peace of crap. BSLB is the way to go. :smiley:

BTW, my friend. Thats just how DW1640 looks like inside and my Philips 1648 drive from outside. :flower:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2703938]I’ve 1640 bsrb firmware somewhere around. …

But then, I’ll never share that peace of crap. BSLB is the way to go. :smiley:

BTW, my friend. Thats just how DW1640 looks like inside and my Philips 1648 drive from outside. :flower:[/QUOTE]
I have all the BenQ firmwares but in .exe not .cvt. I wish I had the .cvt firmwares for the 1640.

Don’t worry Alan, Bqflasher can flash any drive with ordinary .exe firmware. No need for fimware with .cvt extention. :flower:

When back home, for sure I can add link to 1640 .cvt files, any interested.

[QUOTE=pinto2;2703943]Don’t worry Alan, Bqflasher can flash any drive with ordinary .exe firmware. No need for fimware with .cvt extention. :flower:

When back home, for sure I can add link to 1640 .cvt files, any interested.[/QUOTE]
I want them all, especially BSLB, I am going to Pm you.

[Two years later…]

I brought out my 810A drive with the 2.0f firmware, but whenever I tried to flash it to 1.0f through BQFlasher with the WNASPI32.DLL in W7Pro 64-bit, the OS just freezes and had to perform a hard reset. Neither normal nor safe mode worked.

I also tried it with a IDE-to-USB bridge with a laptop (W7 Corporate 64-bit), and though BQFlasher opened, but it didn’t see the drive.

Any suggestions?

It appears BQFlasher will not work with W7 64-bit, so I had to revive an old laptop with WXP Pro 32-bit and the flashing process worked afterwards. The drive is now loaded with 1.0F.

i tried bqflasher using a dell phillips 8801/96 and a startech ide to sata converter and it said, failed to flash drive when i tried to update it to dw1650 firmware. i havent tried the windwflash read about here, yet.

Hm, today I flashed an 8801 to Benq DW 1650 with BQFlasher and Firmware BCIC. The writer was attached on a PCI to IDE card with Sil0680-chipset. Works flawless