BQFlasher

vbimport

I don’t think I have one. I don’t know where to get it. I searched at firmwarehq.com and found nothing there about it.

That is the product page
http://global.msi.eu/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=272&prod_no=981

and that is the the Information displayed using DVDInfo Pro

I tried to load DW1620 B7W9 version and it loaded it. I don’t dare to flash without an equivalent firmware or it will brick the DVD RW:(

So your drive is a Benq DVD DC DQ60 clone, which is a TEAC DV-W516E clone using a Panasonic chipset. BQflasher does not support this drive.

Could you tell me what is the difference between DVD DD and DVD DC ? I am still new for this stuff.
EDIT : Does BenQ DVD DC DQ60 support bitsetting ?. Probably I would flash it using B3C flasher.

Is there any way how I could crossflash my Philips DVDR1660P1 (connected via IDE+SATA/USB adapter based on a JMicron JM20337 chipset) to a Benq DW1650 drive?
The drive cannot be detected by BQFlasher even though it’s detected and working in other programs like OptiDrive Control, IMGBurn, etc. Does this program work only with drives connected via IDE?

[QUOTE=pepst;2621445]Is there any way how I could crossflash my Philips DVDR1660P1 (connected via IDE+SATA/USB adapter based on a JMicron JM20337 chipset) to a Benq DW1650 drive?
The drive cannot be detected by BQFlasher even though it’s detected and working in other programs like OptiDrive Control, IMGBurn, etc. Does this program work only with drives connected via IDE?[/QUOTE] Do you have a WNASPI32.DLL file in the same folder as your BQFlasher executable?
IIRC this may be necessary in some scenarios.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2621446]Do you have a WNASPI32.DLL file in the same folder as your BQFlasher executable?
IIRC this may be necessary in some scenarios.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do. :frowning:

I guess, this might be due to the enclosure chipset. I am not really sure, but I think the crossflash worked with an enclosure based on Cypress AT2 chipset.

You want me to awake my own 1660P1 from its storage location and see if it is recognised by BQflasher when connected to a Jmicron based adapter? :slight_smile:

Edit:
BQFlasher does see my Philips 1660P1, connected to a Jmicron based IDE/USB adapter. VID=0x152D, PID=0x2338. JM20337 is printed onto the chip, as far as I can see.

I have not attemped to flash the drive now.
end Edit

Michael

[QUOTE=pepst;2621445]Is there any way how I could crossflash my Philips DVDR1660P1 (connected via IDE+SATA/USB adapter based on a JMicron JM20337 chipset) to a Benq DW1650 drive?
The drive cannot be detected by BQFlasher even though it’s detected and working in other programs like OptiDrive Control, IMGBurn, etc. Does this program work only with drives connected via IDE?[/QUOTE]

You have tried windwflash?

Windwflash worked like a charm! Thanks, Dean, Michael & Roar! Now I finally have a replacement for my dead Benq DW1655. :clap:

[QUOTE=pepst;2621530]Windwflash worked like a charm! Thanks, Dean, Michael & Roar! Now I finally have a replacement for my dead Benq DW1655. :clap:[/QUOTE]

Outstanding :clap: . Has always worked better for me with externals.

This is a relief for me. My world has been knocked off-axis since your last BenQ died :sad:. Nice to be back to normal :bigsmile:. Did the files help or did you already have them laying around?

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2621549]Outstanding :clap: . Has always worked better for me with externals.

This is a relief for me. My world has been knocked off-axis since your last BenQ died :sad:. Nice to be back to normal :bigsmile:. Did the files help or did you already have them laying around?[/QUOTE]
I found your email a few minutes after I successfully crossflashed my drive. It would have saved me a lot of time if I checked my mailbox earlier. :doh::bigsmile: Thank you so much for your help anyway. :flower:

[QUOTE=pepst;2621551]I found your email a few minutes after I successfully crossflashed my drive. It would have saved me a lot of time if I checked my mailbox earlier. :doh::bigsmile: Thank you so much for your help anyway. :flower:[/QUOTE]

Sorry Peter :o. As I stumbled(or my wife dragged me;)) off to bed last night I had a hunch I should have PMed you too :doh:.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2621552]Sorry Peter :o. As I stumbled off to bed last night I had a hunch I should have PMed you too :doh:.[/QUOTE]

It was my fault - I check that mailbox very sporadically. :doh:

Fine, you got it. :slight_smile: :clap:

But I am curious to know, why BQflasher [I]does [/I]see [I]my [/I]Philips 1660P1 with a Jmicron 20337 adapter and yours not. :confused:

Michael

@ pepst

good decision to crossflash the 1660p1. :clap:

I have to thank Quikee for this awesome tool

Looking for Benq 1640 firmware BSRB. CTV.

Philips DVDR1648P1 changed completely for Benq DW1640-said case to the original, the tray and front cover panel revised the original and crossflash for Benq

I’ve 1640 bsrb firmware somewhere around. …

But then, I’ll never share that peace of crap. BSLB is the way to go. :smiley:

BTW, my friend. Thats just how DW1640 looks like inside and my Philips 1648 drive from outside. :flower:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2703938]I’ve 1640 bsrb firmware somewhere around. …

But then, I’ll never share that peace of crap. BSLB is the way to go. :smiley:

BTW, my friend. Thats just how DW1640 looks like inside and my Philips 1648 drive from outside. :flower:[/QUOTE]
I have all the BenQ firmwares but in .exe not .cvt. I wish I had the .cvt firmwares for the 1640.