Bps speed

vbimport

Not sure if I am getting what my dsl provider says I should be getting. I ran a test on speed of computer. It told me 1337 kbps, my provider tells me I should be getting on average 4mbps. I think I am getting 1.337.

How are you testing? Are you running 'speedtest.net
You speeds will depend on many factors. The quality of the line from the street to your home, the quality of line in your home, whether or not you have dsl filters on all of your phone lines…

[QUOTE=bgeyer;2109421]Not sure if I am getting what my dsl provider says I should be getting. I ran a test on speed of computer. It told me 1337 kbps, my provider tells me I should be getting on average 4mbps. I think I am getting 1.337.[/QUOTE]

Rather then be told my your ISP provider go over you plan to make sure your getting what you paid for. As the MOD says alot of things have to be factor in why you speed is so slow. The speed they show is in my view delusional and not reflecting real world speeds and net jams. Look over your contract and see what does it really say your on you plan that your net speed is what you paid for it.

I will check the speed test and also the minimum speed they say I should get. What is 1334kbps in mbps? Not sure on this.

might give this a read:
http://www.dslreports.com/speed