'bout drives & topic

Hi, All.

Can you give me an advice on choice of the drive that would copy the most common types of topic. I live in Russia and our computer firms have limited list of brands and models. The most common drives are:

[ol]SONY
[li]CRX230E
[/li][li]CRX225E[/ol]
[/li]

[ol]Mitsumi
[li]CR485FTE
[/li][li]CR487ETE[/ol]
[/li]
TEAC CD-RW CDW552E <-- This is i looking at =)

[ol]ASUS
[li]CRW4824
[/li][li]CRW5224[/ol]
[/li]
The main requirements is that the drive can produce a copy of the latest versions of SD (2.9+) and Securom (4.8+).

ps: If i try heartily perhaps i can find LiteOn. :slight_smile: Will it met the refer requirements?

A good choice is the ASUS 5224A. I’ve got it and it never disappointed me.

It makes the most perfect copies of SD 2.9 possible. I also tried with a LiteOn 52x and Plex Premium… and ASUS is the best with SD.

With Blindwrite I was be able to make a working copy of Securom games, too.

Originally posted by Dufroise
[B]A good choice is the ASUS 5224A. I’ve got it and it never disappointed me.

It makes the most perfect copies of SD 2.9 possible. I also tried with a LiteOn 52x and Plex Premium… and ASUS is the best with SD.

With Blindwrite I was be able to make a working copy of Securom games, too. [/B]

ASUS make both w/o emulation?

Well, SD2.9x without any kind of emulation. In the case of Securom you’ll need to use Twinpeak “trick” with CloneCD or use Blindwrite. Blindwrite has twinpeak method within. In both cases, depends on your reader if you can make a correct install of the game. Only Plex Premium + Blindwrite make an almost 1:1 copy of Securom games.

Originally posted by Dufroise
[B]A good choice is the ASUS 5224A. I’ve got it and it never disappointed me.

With Blindwrite I was be able to make a working copy of Securom games, too. [/B]

What you can say 'bout Sony? Some people says that it is the same LiteOn just another wrapping. I mean insides the same. =)