'bout drives & copy protections

Hi, All.

Can you give me an advice on choice of the drive that would copy the most common types of copy protections. I live in Russia and our computer firms have limited list of brands and models. The most common drives are:

[ol]SONY
[li]CRX230E
[/li][li]CRX225E[/ol]
[/li]

[ol]Mitsumi
[li]CR485FTE
[/li][li]CR487ETE[/ol]
[/li]
TEAC CD-RW CDW552E <-- This is i looking at =)

[ol]ASUS
[li]CRW4824
[/li][li]CRW5224[/ol]
[/li]
The main requirements is that the drive can produce a copy of the latest versions of SD (2.9+) and Securom (4.8+).

ps: If i try heartily perhaps i can find LiteOn. :slight_smile: Will it met the refer requirements?

As far as I know the best drive to copy SecuROM 4.8+ is the Plextor Premium with BlindWrite. There have been mixed results on doing SafeDisc I belive.

However I see that is not on your list. The next best drives to go for then would be either the Lite-On 5232 or the Asus 5224. They can both copy the two protections you mention.

These days it seems that you need one drive to copy SecuROM and another to do SafeDisc.

Originally posted by Womble
[B]As far as I know the best drive to copy SecuROM 4.8+ is the Plextor Premium with BlindWrite. There have been mixed results on doing SafeDisc I belive.

However I see that is not on your list. The next best drives to go for then would be either the Lite-On 5232 or the Asus 5224. They can both copy the two protections you mention.[/B]

They are do it w/o emulation or not?

Originally posted by Womble
[B]As far as I know the best drive to copy SecuROM 4.8+ is the Plextor Premium with BlindWrite. There have been mixed results on doing SafeDisc I belive.

However I see that is not on your list. The next best drives to go for then would be either the Lite-On 5232 or the Asus 5224. They can both copy the two protections you mention.

These days it seems that you need one drive to copy SecuROM and another to do SafeDisc. [/B]

What you can say 'bout Sony? Some people says that it is the same LiteOn just another wrapping. I mean insides the same. =)

Originally posted by Dimarik
What you can say 'bout Sony? Some people says that it is the same LiteOn just another wrapping. I mean insides the same. =)

Indeed, the newer CDR drives from Sony are indeed produced by LiteOn and can be flashed to LiteOn drives (voids your warranty!).

The LiteOn drives aren’t that bad for doing copy protections, but sometimes the Plextor Premium gives better results.

I think that you can find lots of information through our search or by browsing the forums. And ofcourse, you can ask (for free) :wink: