Bourne Ultimatum - DVDFab didnt work

I am using DVDFab decrypter HD 4.0.1.2, and it freezes at 69.93% when I am trying to copy the Bourne Ultimatum to my harddrive. I am just copying the main movie… I tried the beta version 4.0.2.0, and I had the same problem.

It doesn’t seem like this disc was mastered very well. I had problems with the HD DVD version of it, as well, and it was definitely a disc issue. (Took me forever to troubleshoot that one let me tell you! :D) If you’re in doubt of whether it’s the disc or not, you could try scanning it with Nero CD/DVD Speed and see if there are any errors on it. If there are, return it and get a new disc. This problem of bad mastering is becoming more and more of an issue as they try to eek out more and more money. They spend less on manufacturing and get shoddy products as a result. Since I know there’s no protection on the DVD version of it, DVDFab HD Decrypter of any version will be able to handle it. So I don’t think that’s the issue.

I am having the same problem at exactly the same spot and I am on my second DVD!

glad im not alone / it isn’t just my disc… Ive tried DVD fab, and DVD shrink, no luck with either

Worked fine for me (R1 disc). Have you tried it with PathPlayer enabled?

[QUOTE=ChicKC;1954746]I am having the same problem at exactly the same spot and I am on my second DVD![/QUOTE]

Keep returning it until you get a good disc. It seems a lot of people got flawed discs. Until and unless enough people do this the Industry won’t give a damn about how bad the quality is. If people return loads of discs en masse to retailers they will get irritated with the hassle and they have more pull with the Industry than us unimportant consumers.

I know I got treated poorly when I returned a particular bad disc 10 times. I had to argue about it. I gave up and kept the last bad disc because between the store being pissed off at me and my patience level at an end I just couldn’t handle dealing with it anymore. I finally made a copy of the bad disc with some luck. The problem was the media itself was garbage. The data on the disc was fine. I got lucky and got a good read and made a good backup.

Anyway, return it and try again.

[QUOTE=signals;1954762]Worked fine for me (R1 disc). Have you tried it with PathPlayer enabled?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tried it with Pathplayer enabled and disabled, same problem either way

There’s no protection on this disc other than CSS, so, pathplayer is not necessary on this one. If it’s not reading the disc, I HIGHLY recommend scanning it with Nero CD/DVD Speed and looking for errors. If you find some, then the disc is bad and needs to be returned and replaced. Believe me, there’s an abundance of bad discs with this title. Even the HD versions didn’t do so well.

I ran the Nero CD/DVD speed. I got an " Error- L-EC Uncorrectable Error (031105)… so I guess it is the crappy disc

Yea, that definitely seems bad. I’d get the disc replaced. You need to understand, though, that there could be entire batches of crappy discs out there. Because they’re using cheap fabs now to make these discs, whole batches go out with crappy quality.

Just wanted to say, that I just finished backing up Bourne in the Full Disk mode using 4.0.2.0 and didn’t have a problem. I didn’t have pathplayer enabled either. Like clock work. ~ Mike

Has anyone tried Ripit4me with this movie?

Would there be a benefit in this case? There’s no protection on the disc. I’m not sure I understand how R4M would be of any assistance here?

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;1955142]Would there be a benefit in this case? There’s no protection on the disc. I’m not sure I understand how R4M would be of any assistance here?[/QUOTE]
My thought was that since Ripit4me uses Dvd Decrypter to rip, that perhaps Dvd Decrypter might help overcome a bad manufactured disc.
If you are saying that there is no special protection, then I guess you coud try Dvd Decrypter alone, as opposed to using it as being part of Ripit4me.
When one encounters problems such as this, its not a bad idea to utilize all the tools at your disposal, and Dvd Decrypter is a very powerful ripper, IMHO.

If the drive can’t read it, no matter how powerful the software, you ain’t gunna get what you want.

Regards

Yea, I have to say that even if Decrypter was able to read it and present to you an image on the hard drive, the image would be flawed. That might be ok to some people, though, so it’s not a bad suggestion. You should warn them, however, that there could be errors that’ll show up in the video by utilizing that approach.

Sorry to take this further OT, but DVD Decrypter would either report CRCs or give you a good rip. If there’s an ISO at the end, it’ll be OK.

But it sounds like this disc is buggered and would error out.

One thing that could be tried is a wonderful bit of freeware called ISOPuzzle.

But since the DVD is new, I’d take it back for an exchange. Even the MPAA wouldn’t deny that they owe you a disk that can be played.

Regards

[QUOTE=astone2665;1954844]Just wanted to say, that I just finished backing up Bourne in the Full Disk mode using 4.0.2.0 and didn’t have a problem. I didn’t have pathplayer enabled either. Like clock work. ~ Mike[/QUOTE]

Same, only using the Main Movie mode.
I was having all the problems you guys were mentioning with 4.0.1.2… these all went away after updating.

what options do you use in nero dvd-cd speed, The scan tab with the pio checkbox or the other one?

The scan disc tab with the read test radio button selected.