Bought Plextor 708A (but did not get CD with plextools) HELP

vbimport

#1

I just got my drive, and it came without plextools, and since you can not install the version on the plextor website without it I have no idea what to do, I only got a single CD in my retail box (US) and it contained on 1 CD:
Easy CD & DVD creator
PhotoSuite 5 SE
Roxio DVD Max
Acrobat Reader
Plextor Manager 2000

Since none of these is Plextools I’m in a bit of trouble here, Should not the box have included plextools?, it did come with bios 1.0.1 preinstalled.

Thanks.
Eric Gandt

PS: the drive kicks some serious ass!


#2

Usually plextools are only available in retail packages sold in Europe.


#3

If you have no original installation CD open your Windows editor an type this:

USflatliner


#4

Thanks that worked.


#5

Yep worked well, cheers :smiley:


#6

Or you can download the full version from - Erm, cannot remember now.

Why is it you can never find the links to the decent binaries when you neded them.

What, its in my favorites - Geezz, it’s not even there :smiley:


#7

why don’t you always check the FAQ first?

check the faq here

or this thread here for a link to a full plex tools.


#8

Or you can download the full version from - Erm, cannot remember now.

Why is it you can never find the links to the decent binaries when you neded them.

What, its in my favorites - Geezz, it’s not even there

Not bad…I had to laugh…


#9

Hehe - Shame NoLimit dropped the ball!! :confused:


#10

thanks guys-I had the same problem with my retail package


#11

This trick sorta works on 2.08 because it installs fine but never sees my 708A so it is worthless. Maybe an older version would cure this?


#12

I don’t think so DarkAlchemist. You could try an older version of course but I don’t think it will make a difference. How if your PX-708A connected to your computer? You can’t see it at all in PlexTools?


#13

Only thing it sees is my WD h/d.

H/D on ide0 PX708A on ide1. I wish I could get it to work but I tried everything I could think of.


#14

I didnt get any plextools OR a blank dvd+r disc, the box had the plextor sticker seal, but when i pulled out the drive from the bag it had some small scratches on the bottom and sides…looked previously installed to me, firmware was 1.02, upgraded to .03 now .04 works great…best buy hosed me, for $250 i’m thinking of bringing it back!!!
Why they dont plastic seal the whole box is beyond me
Just bothers me buying something “new” that isnt new…what would you do?


#15

Originally posted by DarkAlchemist
[B]Only thing it sees is my WD h/d.

H/D on ide0 PX708A on ide1. I wish I could get it to work but I tried everything I could think of. [/B]

Which chipset are you using? I’m using a Asus A7N8X (nVidia nForce2-400), and if I install the IDE drivers from nVidia, my drives are not recognized properly by PlexTools.
So maybe you’ve got the same problem


#16

Exact same system here so I bet thats the issue. Oh, well at least now I know but no way do I want to remove the Nvidia ide drivers as they finally made them stable and they do use less cpu than native XP does.

Thanks for your help.


#17

Originally posted by DarkAlchemist
[B]Exact same system here so I bet thats the issue. Oh, well at least now I know but no way do I want to remove the Nvidia ide drivers as they finally made them stable and they do use less cpu than native XP does.

Thanks for your help. [/B]

nVidia’s SW IDE-driver makes your IDE-drives behave like a SCSI drive. As long as PlexTools cannot handle SCSI verisons of the PX-708A, PlexTools and nVidia’a SW IDE driver cannot coexist together.
I uninstalled the SW IDE driver.
And I have to admit to Plextor it’s not their fault. I hope nVidia will release a IDE driver which is correctly written and my IDE drives will behave like IDE drives


#18

I agree with you. Why they make my drives look like SCSI is beyond me but I know when I uninstalled the nvidia ide drivers I took a hit in performance. :confused: So, damn if you do and damned if you don’t and personally I bet Nvidia will stick with what they have.


#19

Is there a reg file, or I have to edit my registry to do this?

I don’t understand the instructions to well. I made a new folder Juxtapostion, but where I set the paramerters?

Thanks,
:confused:
Shady24


#20

Originally posted by ernstblaauw
nVidia’s SW IDE-driver makes your IDE-drives behave like a SCSI drive. As long as PlexTools cannot handle SCSI verisons of the PX-708A, PlexTools and nVidia’a SW IDE driver cannot coexist together.
I uninstalled the SW IDE driver.
And I have to admit to Plextor it’s not their fault. I hope nVidia will release a IDE driver which is correctly written and my IDE drives will behave like IDE drives

nVidia has a IDE Driver with wich Plextools is compatible.
you must download the nForce driver 3.13 and install the ide driver manually. you must pick the nvidia ide “inthebox” driver.
first you unpack the package and the driver is in the folder “IDE\ITB”.

After that Plextools will work…