Bought Fab at an Unauthorized Website

First I’m going to go with the others & tell you your DVDFab was bought from a scam website.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2669025] So the real DVD Fab did not rip anyone off, and I do not think they ever will. [/QUOTE]
I’m going to disagree with this a bit & vent.
I wish I had printed out the web page that was on DVDFab.com when DVDFab Platinum lifetime was purchased .It was changed when DVDFab changed what it was going to do with bluray & Platinum lifetime .
They gave their excuse but this is not what their webpage stated .
The webpage indicated that Platinum would include all future bluray developments.
When they decided to break all their software into parts & have time limited licenses for the most part the bluray excuse appeared. Dividing the older bluray encryption from the new.
DVDFab in in China what is someone really able to do . Nothing.
My solution of protest is I have never bought another DVDFab software of any kind & don’t intend to. Anything free they have & I want I get . Small payback but at least something.

[QUOTE=cholla;2669036]First I’m going to go with the others & tell you your DVDFab was bought from a scam website.

I’m going to disagree with this a bit & vent.
I wish I had printed out the web page that was on DVDFab.com when DVDFab Platinum lifetime was purchased .It was changed when DVDFab changed what it was going to do with bluray & Platinum lifetime .
They gave their excuse but this is not what their webpage stated .
The webpage indicated that Platinum would include all future bluray developments.
When they decided to break all their software into parts & have time limited licenses for the most part the bluray excuse appeared. Dividing the older bluray encryption from the new.
DVDFab in in China what is someone really able to do . Nothing.
My solution of protest is I have never bought another DVDFab software of any kind & don’t intend to. Anything free they have & I want I get . Small payback but at least something.[/QUOTE]
Hi cholla, this is a different scenario than the one you are referring to. Another discussion for another thread. In your instance if you read their EULA it refers to Lifetime as the lifetime of that specific product. As they added new and exciting features to the existing product, it changed the price of the product. We all understand that R&D costs money, and you can still use the original product you bought, you just cannot use the addons that cost more money. All software is like this, addon cost money, you only have to buy what you wish. I do understand where you are coming from though, even if it doesn’t apply to this thread.:wink:

Hi alan , I know the explanation of the EULA & what software companies( not just DVDFab) have changed it to mean . Their definition now & it has not always been this way " The lifetime of the product". Lifetime used to mean as long as the original purchaser had the product (software in this case) & wanted to continue using it.
I also question whether the lifetime of a product is over when it is still currently & constantly updated. This applies to Platinum for now anyway.
I think the real problem is DVDfab decided that the lifetime on Platinum was a mistake . Especially with what the original web page on their site said about what was being purchased. So as far as I’m concerned DVDFab reneged on the deal.
In the end what am I supposed to do but accept it . I’m not going to even attempt to sue someone in China . Even if DVDFab was in the US I would have to consider if a law suit would be worth the time. So my protest will be no longer purchasing any DVDFab product.

[QUOTE=cholla;2669042]Hi alan , I know the explanation of the EULA & what software companies( not just DVDFab) have changed it to mean . Their definition now & it has not always been this way " The lifetime of the product". Lifetime used to mean as long as the original purchaser had the product (software in this case) & wanted to continue using it.
I also question whether the lifetime of a product is over when it is still currently & constantly updated. This applies to Platinum for now anyway.
I think the real problem is DVDfab decided that the lifetime on Platinum was a mistake . Especially with what the original web page on their site said about what was being purchased. So as far as I’m concerned DVDFab reneged on the deal.
In the end what am I supposed to do but accept it . I’m not going to even attempt to sue someone in China . Even if DVDFab was in the US I would have to consider if a law suit would be worth the time. So my protest will be no longer purchasing any DVDFab product.[/QUOTE] I agree with you cholla, it can be very frustrating for a buyer that is in your situation. The word “: Lifetime” in software is often misrepresented by many companies, and you are correct it can in fact back fire on a company as it has with you by that customer not being a repeat buyer. As you know there are many companies that do exactly what Fab has done. I wont mention them by name but you are an " old timer" like me, ( no offence meant) LOL, and know them all. If you look closely they also have separated their products as Fab has done in an HD version and a regular version. I can understand your points and I can understand theirs, if you want more in a product it should be a separate product not part of a bundle that includes the one you bought. The one you bought should be updated do exactly as it has always done for its lifetime. I agree with that.

Happy Holidays:flower:

I’m not sure if it is the complete EULA but I checked my DVDFab “License.txt” that is in the DVDFab Program Files folder . It doesn’t even have the word “lifetime” so obviously no explanation of it.
They could add it because they do add this line:

1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT.
    This is the entire agreement between you and Fengtao Software Inc. which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.

So once someone installs a newer version the older agreement is superceded.
Since I have no plans of suing I won’t go into why I think this clause would prove invalid in court.

[QUOTE=cholla;2669048]I’m not sure if it is the complete EULA but I checked my DVDFab “License.txt” that is in the DVDFab Program Files folder . It doesn’t even have the word “lifetime” so obviously no explanation of it.
They could add it because they do add this line:

So once someone installs a newer version the older agreement is superceded.
Since I have no plans of suing I won’t go into why I think this clause would prove invalid in court.[/QUOTE]
I guess it all comes down to what country you are going to waste your time and good money in. LOL. I agree, I wouldn’t have plans of even venturing into something like this either. :slight_smile:

Since this thread is fairly old & what started it up again was a first time poster .
That may or may not be around again. I didn’t mind taking it a bit off topic.

alan to let you know I have the HD version of the other software .
The difference is I don’t remember any claim by them that the regular lifetime version would ever do bluray or HD . So people got what was advertised.

@Stehl261, if you still want the software, then you can try our contest and maybe you can win it for free!