Bought a new liteon 52246S today whats the very best firmware for this drive please

the current firmware on the drive store bought is

6S04

is this the best or is there a better update cheers.,

There is 6S07 or the oddly released 6S08.

Originally posted by dhc014
There is 6S07 or the oddly released 6S08.

hmm i asked what the best was hehe :stuck_out_tongue: not what was out
i know whats out im just not shure what gives the best performance on media and is able to do audio and data protections

cheers by the way is the 52x liteon able to do more protections than the 48x liteon ??? due to firmware ?

52x can do more audio protections at the moment. This is only a firmware issue, and LiteOn 40x has recently been upgraded to read most audio protections as well.

I am expecting delivery of this drive today and I also wanted to know what firmware I should use.

Thanks

Firmware updates don’t usually make drives worse.

Originally posted by ntloser

I am expecting delivery of this drive today and I also wanted to know what firmware I should use.
Just wait & see whatcha got there and keep your shirt on :wink:

Originally posted by dhc014
Firmware updates don’t usually make drives worse.

do you still need the above firmware matey ?
if you do give me 5 minutes from looking at your reply to get that firmware to you :slight_smile:

Are you asking if I need 6S04? Naw, I got it from two very kind people already :slight_smile: If you have any firmwares for LTR****6S based drives that are not in the list in my signature then please send those!

Firmware ques:
I have the new drive in… copied safedisc 2.8 I believe Ok(NFSHP2)… … no probs… but firmware is I assume older… 02… should I install the 07 or 08 firmware??
Drive only few days old.

Just dont know much about it…

Ty in advance.
:bow:

Originally posted by alfieboy
[B]Firmware ques:
I have the new drive in… copied safedisc 2.8 I believe Ok(NFSHP2)… … no probs… but firmware is I assume older… 02… should I install the 07 or 08 firmware??
Drive only few days old.

Just dont know much about it…

Ty in advance.
:bow: [/B]

i updated to 07 and its great better writeing at high speed.
though on over burned disks you will get the light going orange at the end for about 10 seconds this is a firmware bug…

i wish they would fix that

i havent tryed the 08 becuse i need more info on it its to unknown at the mo

update to 07 is your best bet…

I dont ever overburn so that snot a prob… and so far I have burned error free at 52x so thats why I was wondering.

With my tech background Im sure it wouldnt be hard to do…

Just wiondering if its needed or worth it…

like the ol’ syaing above… if it aint broken dont fix it…lol…

YET desire to keep in top performance overules that quote often…hehehehehe:bigsmile: :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :cool: