Pros and of each drive comapred to each other
- Great RW writing Performance
- High quality -R writing Performance
- Supports -RAM
- Supports 8x +RW and 6x -RW
- Fantastic +R writing performance
- Supports overspeeding with a lot of media
- Faster reading back of pressed dvds
- Great firmware support
There are many others as well but these are just a few. The BenQ definetly doesnt work as well with RW media in general as well as LG. You can see in the reviews that BenQ had problems with CDRW media.
But then again BenQ has added 4x DL via firmware updates and released loads of updates for their drives. Both drives are good and have weaknesses and strengths.
Another intresting fact is that the BenQ's chipset doesnt natively support the recording of the -R format (Nexperia chipset) but it has been done. I guess they used co processor chips to do this.
Another intresting fact is even though DVD-RW discs are 2x supposidly they write at 2.4x like the +RW format on the BenQ1620.