Bought 2 LTR-40125S what to do?

vbimport

Hi. I ordered 2 LITEON LTR-40125S 40x writers and expecting delivery tommorow evening. I've heard on the forum it would be better to upgrade the firmware to write in CAV mode and gt Mt. Rainier support. I am confused as to which firmware this is.

If any one can point me to a download site and tell me which firmware to download as well as how to flash it I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

The latest firmware available at LiteOn, ZSOK, will serve you very well.
It installs itself in Windoze.

All the questions and instructions have already been answered for you in the STICKY notes. Read the one that is listed as MKTFLASH GUIDE. :slight_smile:

If you do not want to overclock, ZS0K is the latest version and availible at www.liteonit.com

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

I dont like ZSOK, I would love to go back to ZSOA, but I cant :confused:

Of course you can.

I dont like ZSOK, I would love to go back to ZSOA, but I cant :confused:

What’s wrong with ZSOK? If you go back you will lose P-CAV and Mt Rainier.

Of course you can

let me rephrase that…

I am too lazy to do it through DOS :stuck_out_tongue:

plus, I didnt realise you have to turn DMA off when you flash, so thats probably why it isnt doing well for me, but I just reflashed it (with ZSOK again) but with DMA off, fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Originally posted by rdgrimes
[B]

What’s wrong with ZSOK? If you go back you will lose P-CAV and Mt Rainier. [/B]

it just doesnt feel right, and I get failed burns, when burning from cue files, I never got errors like that with ZSOA. To me, mt rainer and pCAV arent worth it, Id prefer rock solid burning to fancy features.

BTW, you do not need to turn DMA off, as far as I know. At least that is not part of O/C Freak’s primer on MTKFlash

If you’re flashing from DOS, the DMA setting does not matter.

It shouldn’t matter in Windows either. It only matters because VIA is too stupid to make working chipset drivers.

Originally posted by slipdisc
Hi. I ordered 2 LITEON LTR-40125S 40x writers and expecting delivery tommorow evening.
btw, how much u paying?

It shouldn’t matter in Windows either. It only matters because VIA is too stupid to make working chipset drivers.

I’ve never turned it off in Windows either, with the LiteOn .exe F/W.