Bought 1st dvd burner, what DL to get?

vbimport

Hey guys,
So I just bought a DVD burner (Pioneer DVR-2810) and have copied a few DVD’s with it using regular single layer discs and DL discs. The DL discs are memorex brand. I’m all out though so what do you suggest i look for? Ive been reading around and it sounds like verbatim is a good choice. I really dont want to have to burn tons of coasters and dont want to spend that much $$ on blank media but i need DL discs.

Seems like when you buy them they can be a hit or miss. Also, it is very hard to find good deals on the media and when i do (ive seen memorex sell for $50 for a 50 pack and vebatim $30 for a 20pack) im not sure if spending more on verbatim discs is a good idea. Looks like i would be spending significantly more.

One problem i have had in the past with DL discs is that the movie freezes whenever it tries to change layers. Sometimes it will stay frozen and i will have to skip a chapter ahead to watch the rest of the movie and other times it will just freeze for a second or two and then resume. Does this happen because of the media im burning to (memorex), dvd burner or dvd player?

I just bought an oppo 980H dvd player because it got really good reviews so hopefully this helps. Thanks for any suggestions :slight_smile:

Hi bhome83
Welcome to CDF

Best media out there is Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim next
Happy burning

you can check ouy this place for price and quality

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-dvd-r-media.html

bean55

Shit media is usually to blame for the errors at the layer break. Verbatim is the only way to go if you must get DL media.

Sheesh you think 30 bucks for 20 is bad! I’d snap that up so quick because over here it’s $45 for a 20 pack and that’s at a cheap place. Our dollar is also almost even with the USA so I still can’t figure out why we pay so much more for everything lol.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2064895]Our dollar is also almost even with the USA so I still can’t figure out why we pay so much more for everything lol.[/QUOTE]

We are Americans. You are Australians. That is the order of things. :bigsmile: