Botnet virus found on 20 percent of all new PC’s and Laptops in China and the United Stated

vbimport

During the investigation of counterfeit software in China the Microsoft digital crime investigators found that 20 percent of new/fresh-from-the factory PC’s and Laptops have the ‘Nitol virus’ pre-installed on them.

85 percent of the infections are found in China while another 10 percent was found in the United States, the malware is deployed the minute the consumer starts the system for the very first time.

Read the full story…

SJ

That is quite an article SJ the good thing is when I buy a new laptop the first thing to go is all the garbage that was installed buy the companies that make the laptops out of box boot up make sure it works step
number 2 a clean install without their crapware.:smiley:

Yeah I know what you mean I too clean house right after a new purchase, a lot of the apps pre-installed I don’t use and many of them are installed for you to try and purchase anyway.

As for the pre-installed virus goes just think even if you remove it, it may still be found in the system recovery partition and/or recovery CDs. :eek:

[B]SJ[/B]

Send it all to China!

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2660232]Yeah I know what you mean I too clean house right after a new purchase, a lot of the apps pre-installed I don’t use and many of them are installed for you to try and purchase anyway.

As for the pre-installed virus goes just think even if you remove it, it may still be found in the system recovery partition and/or recovery CDs. :eek:

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]Very true SJ but i delete the restore partion also I have no need for it just takes up hard drive space then I use that space to do a reinstall image of windows 7 or 8.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=xorsists;2660245]Very true SJ but i delete the restore partion also I have no need for it just takes up hard drive space then I use that space to do a reinstall image of windows 7 or 8.:)[/QUOTE]

You and I think alike my friend :cool:

I also remove the system recovery partition, not that I worry about disk space though because I use TB capacity hard drives. :bigsmile:

However I do make sure I have the recovery disc’s which I only use to dissect and rip the OS and all necessary drivers for the installed hardware along with any apps I do use, you might say I create my own recovery disc’s. :bigsmile:

[B]SJ[/B]

every one needs a good virus once in a while. Good for your sex life

Do not click on this page you will see what a bad virus looks like

http://www.rkm.com.au/VIRUS/Influenza/bird-flu-reassort.html

[QUOTE=samlar;2660249]every one needs a good virus once in a while. [B]Good for your sex life[/B] [/QUOTE]

Ha[B]![/B] Ha[B]!![/B] Good one :bigsmile:

At least with STD you know where you got it from.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2660255]Ha[B]![/B] Ha[B]!![/B] Good one :bigsmile:

At least with STD you know where you got it from.

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]Maybe not SJ that would depend upon the person rather they might have had too much to drink one night…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=samlar;2660252]Do not click on this page you will see what a bad virus looks like [/QUOTE]
Yo sanlar

If you know there is a virus on that webpage you linked to [B]why[/B] even post it. :rolleyes:

If I could I would remove it just for the safety of other members and our guests.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2660264]If you know there is a virus on that webpage you linked to [B]why[/B] even post it. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] Do you think you’ll catch the bird-flu just from clicking a webpage?! :smiley:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2660290]Do you think you’ll catch the bird-flu just from clicking a webpage?! :D[/QUOTE]
Is walking around whistling & trying to fly a symptom?

Botnet? Is that the codename for Windows 8.1? :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2660290]Do you think you’ll catch the bird-flu just from clicking a webpage?! :D[/QUOTE]

I didn’t check the webpage out but from your response I’ll take it that the link is OK, however on specially crafted webpages you don’t need to click on anything to become infected and if you and/or others think otherwise I will keep my .02¢ to myself in the future on such matter.

[B]SJ[/B]