Both CD Drives keep CRASHING my PC

Okay here’s the history:

1. running Win 95 on a Pent II with a regular CD Drive (not burner)

2. installed new LiteOn LTR-48125W

3. installed Nero Burning Rom software that came with new LiteOn drive

4. burned some data off my C: drive with Nero no problem…

5. burned another CD copy using Fireburner – didn’t accomplish what I wanted but still no problem with the drives

6. installed BLINDWRITE…

NOW ALL TROUBLE BEGINS…

Everytime I put a CD in either my original CD drive or the new burner I crash out to the blue screen, have to restart the computer (it forces me into safemode), then I restart again to be in regular mode…

Then I put a CD in either drive… and the crash starts all over again…

I’ve UNINSTALLED BLINDWRITE, but that didn’t solve my problem…

What do I do now??

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

On the outside chance that BlindWrite left a driver behind which is causing the conflict, you could go to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS and right click on each file that may be a suspect and select Properties | Version to see if any BlindWrite related drivers remain. If so, rename the file.

If you installed a virtual CD drive like Daemon Tools when you installed BlindWrite, it could be causing the conflict.

Make sure that the ASPI layer is properly installed. Go to cyrus-troy Downloads and download the ASPI Check and Force ASPI programs.

Run ASPI Check to see if the installation is properly installed and is version 4.60 (1021). If this is not the case, unzip (extract) ForceASPI, read the Index.htm file carefully, and run the program. ForceASPI will repair and properly install the current ASPI layer.

Reboot, run ASPI Check again, and if correct, see if the conflict is fixed. Let us know the results. :wink: