Bose 3-2-1 Toshiba Sd m1502 dvd-rom drive

vbimport

I have (had) a functional Bose 3-2-1 system that I bought in 2002. Recently, the drive failed to open. Upon disassembly, I found a Toshiba SD M1502 ; Version 002; ROM Version 1B24. I have been trying to find a replacement as the Bose was $800+ dollars and the rest of the unit functions normally. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
J

Sorry I do not have a solution for you as I just ran into the exact same problem. Did you every find a solution or figure out where to purchase a dvd player that would work in the bose system? If so, please post.
Thanks much!

I have the same problem, but I fixed it. The dvd drive was sticking, but you could hear the motor running weather the unit was on or off.

Here’s how to fix it yourself and save $800.

DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH IT.

1. You first need to open your system Top slides off and to rear of system.
    use the tabs on back of unit and a screwdriver to remove).
  2. Remove the DVD-Rom drive.
  3. Open the DVD-Rom drive.
  4. Adjust the dvd tray so motor stops as soon as tray closes (or is flush).
  5. Put it all back together again.

There is too much to explain, so…
I will make a Video link to YOUTUBE.com and post the link here.

Stay posted for link

[QUOTE=jbfrog140;2123513]I have (had) a functional Bose 3-2-1 system that I bought in 2002. Recently, the drive failed to open. Upon disassembly, I found a Toshiba SD M1502 ; Version 002; ROM Version 1B24. I have been trying to find a replacement as the Bose was $800+ dollars and the rest of the unit functions normally. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
J[/QUOTE]
everyone with 321 bose 2001-2006… Model DDU1678A sony …DVD ROM drive in their BOSE 3-2-1 Series I unit with a later model Toshiba SD-M1712 drive…get online or near you somewhere at cd/dvd store…have video up tomorrow

So the drive is intact.
Why don’t you swap the tray/loading mechanism??

Just had the same problem with a 2002 unit. The Toshiba drive has a cracked gear on the tray loading motor, which took me hours to isolate as the problem.

I’ve tried swapping in other drives - the Bose will NOT recognize them. Looks like the cheapest replacement drives are around $40. Any one have a source for internal parts for the Toshiba drive??

You need to provide some pics, and pull out the broken Drive and see what type of Interface it has and Power. The regular Toshiba SD m1502 is for a computer with an IDE Interface. eBay has the Media Center, but most are also broken or costly. :cool:

Same issue with a 2002 Bose AV3-2-1, low investment in the unit, the DVD player wouldn’t work. Upon disassembling and inspection, found the Toshiba SD M1502 had a broken gear track and, oddly, a mount for the drive gear that raises and lowers the innards (technical term I heard before, think we were cleaning chickens) had sheared off! I am looking for a replacement for the Toshiba that will work in this application, preferably low $$$ to complement my $7 investment in the unit. Worst case, there is no affordable fix and I will sell the speakers.