Bootable DVD

Is it possible to boot from a dvd disk in a dvd rom drive. Say for example: I burn Win XP to a dvd disk. Can I set the dvd rom as my first boot device and boot and install from the dvd disk?

Haven’t tried it but Nero6 has the capability to burn bootable dvds

the dvd itself would have to be bootable, but otherwise, it should just be like booting from a cd.

Yep it’s perfectly possible. I already made by own bootable DVD with Nero (haven’t tested it yet, but I assume it works as my bootable CDs always work :)) so I can install/restore my sytem from one single disc. Quite luxuary :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
Yep it’s perfectly possible. I already made by own bootable DVD with Nero (haven’t tested it yet, but I assume it works as my bootable CDs always work :)) so I can install/restore my sytem from one single disc. Quite luxuary :slight_smile:

Hi Dee-ehn, Do you just have the system OS and or software/drivers etc. on the disk? and how did you do it?

Originally posted by nmpaulcp
Hi Dee-ehn, Do you just have the system OS and or software/drivers etc. on the disk? and how did you do it?

Well I used a Windows 98SE bootdisk from www.bootdisk.com, added NTFS4DOS to it (From the Win XP + NTFS bootdisk), did some autoexec.bat editing for my own needs etc etc…