can you re-attach the image as a PNG plz ?
the JPG sucks to try and read it...
also put/paste text of this WHOLE line error [starting x11 /etc/init.d/xsession 2868 bus error..................] so we can see it ??
Also have you tried the reverse ? -- Burn the ISO with 1640 and then try boot, and then try on 1620...or vice-versa
@lvd11 and regnim99
ok...there's some variables not being discussed...
* on which burners are the disks being burned ?
* does the orig ISO with good md5 reside on the HDD ?
* when trying diff media - have you tried diff types e.g '+r' instead of '-r' ?
* are you using bitsetting (booktype DVDROM)
* which OS is installed on HDD ? (knoppix 3.9 or ubuntu)
* which OS are you burning with
* are you trying to boot from CDROM (liveCD) withOUT creating a separate partition for the install ? -- in other words - if you have a persistent HOME dir created with one OS,and then trying to boot with a similar OS (knoppix and ubuntu are very similar) - then you'll likely get some conflicts. Why does it boot using a diff CD/DVD burner ? -- well - i have no clue as of yet
some of these may help inform you on what's happening at that boot stage