Bootable cd-burning

vbimport

i have a bootable cd and want to make a copy. i use nero 5548 which has a cd-boot-option. nero offers only few explananations.
i want to use the image-method.

it only offer to get boot-data from floppy. how can i avoid this and get the informations from the cd. there is a boot-cd-file.ending but how to save to this imstead of standard image-file? maybe the nero 5518 or new 5523 has better choice. who knows? 5518 is working and i do not want to jump to 5523 because i had endless troubles installing 5548 and 5518. thanks a lot for any hint or link.:confused:

for a one-on-one copy you don’t need the boot-thinggy…

The bootable part of the cd is copied along with the rest of the data if you use the copy option : Don’t copy the files to your HD and burn them back on a CDR, in that case you will need the boot-thinggy.

:slight_smile: Eric

Originally posted by EricsMp3Cds
[B]for a one-on-one copy you don’t need the boot-thinggy…

The bootable part of the cd is copied along with the rest of the data if you use the copy option : Don’t copy the files to your HD and burn them back on a CDR, in that case you will need the boot-thinggy.

:slight_smile: Eric
[/B]

thanks, should i use activate direct-copy or not? what would be the advantage/disadvantage?

i have a copy of windows 98se which is burned with iso9660 mode, not iso9600/joliet. what could be the problems if working with this cd?

michael

Don’t know where you found Nero 5548, but all neroversions are able to make a perfect cd copy.
Doing so, will depend on your willingness, to take some risc, because scratches and dust on the sourcecd can interrupt the streaming process.
If you didn’t before, disable on the fly, and point out a temperary dir with enough space an your HD.
Straight ISO9600 supports only filenames with 8+3 characters, while Joliet will support 128 characters, as you can see by yourself in the settings.
In the case of win98CD it doesn’t matter, no long filenames there, but when they are present, they will be shortened, when you select only for ISO 9600.

it is nero 5048 of course

i have a bootable cd(win98se) and start with boot-cd. following is presented:
source of bootimages. a:unknown size or imagefile.
because i do not have yet an imagefile i activate a:
in expert settings: what should i activate(depending what i activated above?)

i have set all other settings for standard image-burning properly. i have spent a lot of time finding out. but with with bootable-cd-copies a am a newbie.

only for checking burnt-cd-images( cd-cd-checking):
i know the newer neros have file-check. is there a program which can compare the source-cd with the copy? i had troubles with cd-check … 267 which i apppreciate very much if i have only the check a single cd. i had troubles with 3 of 12 windows cds.(i have originals and copies). cd-check verified all 3 with success…! thanks for more hints. btw: cdcheck has troubles with the eject mechanism sometimes(do not activate it).