Boot WIndows 7 or vista from it withought installing it

vbimport

my cpu can boot from a usb
:disagree:
i just need to boot from it so 7 or vista is running withought my c drive un installing
plz give a link or print out

Welcome aboard :wink:

As far as I’m aware of, it’s not possible to actually run Windows 7 from a USB pen drive, let alone install Windows 7 to a USB pen drive or USB HDD. The only thing Windows 7 related that can be booted from USB is the installation image and the recovery environment.

If your PC has an eSATA port and supports booting from it, you can get an external eSATA hard disk and install Windows 7 on this. However, while Windows 7 can boot from eSATA, even if the HDD case has eSATA and USB connections, it will only boot with the eSATA connection.

[QUOTE=eddisis;2501621]my cpu can boot from a usb
:disagree:
i just need to boot from it so 7 or vista is running withought my c drive un installing
plz give a link or print out[/QUOTE]

AFAIK You can only use the USB drive to install the O/S not run from it. And I doubt you can get the O/S to run properly as the installation of the O/S is fairly large. And since you don’t mention what kinda computer setup you have giving help to such a general question without any hardware isn’t going to give you good help.

wat bout vista
or win 7 beta

As far as I’m aware of, it’s the same for Windows Vista.

However, you can install is a limited Windows 7 environment called WinPE to the pen drive, which will let you run certain utilities such as a command prompt, HD Tune, etc.

Here’s a link to a guide showing the process and a link to the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) which you’ll need to download (broken link in document).