Boot error

vbimport

Hopefully I put this in the right place.

I have a question for you computer geeks.

I have an older computer case that I put a newer Intel SATA board in. When the computer boots, in the bottom right had corner a series of two digit number and letters show up as the BIOS goes through its check[Did I get that right about the BIOS check].

Most of the time the computer boots, but sometimes it will lock on the number 94 which I have found is a keyboard error. I can unplug the USB keyboard and quickly replug and the computer boots and everything is fine.

Most of the time this happens seldom, but sometimes it will do it several times in a row. I have tried several keyboards over the months this has been happening, one time a brand new keyboard, with the same results.

So, what would cause this to happen. Thanks.

Is the board’s boot priority sequence set to boot 1st from USB? Some boards have a default sequence that takes them through USB to optical and then to HDD. That’s done so that support staff can get people booted to a rescue media quickly if the HDD dies or OS is corrupted.

If this is your situation, try taking USB out of the boot priority sequence.

[QUOTE=CDan;2778436]Is the board’s boot priority sequence set to boot 1st from USB? Some boards have a default sequence that takes them through USB to optical and then to HDD. That’s done so that support staff can get people booted to a rescue media quickly if the HDD dies or OS is corrupted.

If this is your situation, try taking USB out of the boot priority sequence.[/QUOTE]

Thanks CDan for the reply. Will check that out.

[QUOTE=kemperhils;2778438]Thanks CDan for the reply. Will check that out.[/QUOTE]

Problem solved

Solved how, if I may ask?

It was trying to boot to the keyboard. :wink:

[QUOTE=Albert;2779003]Solved how, if I may ask?[/QUOTE]

To be honest Albert, I don’t know. I booted the computer one day and it has worked ever since with no changers to the computer or the peripherals. ???