Boot CD Will Not boot

Im having problems with my bood cd’s…

Problem one (pc one)

I have set the boot order to my CD/DVD Rom is first and when i insert the dvd it still does not detect it. it does not do this on any other pcs i have fixed in the past.

It just says “Press R to recover your system, In X seconds” (It says this either if i have the boot disk is in or not)

Problem Two (PC two)

When i insert the CD and put Boot via DVD/CD rom. it says press any button to boot from CD/DVD…

But when i do it does not do anything. Keyboard is fine etc. it just skips it. it looks like its going to load but doesnt.

Please help me guys

[QUOTE=daveff;2446017]Im having problems with my bood cd’s…

Problem one (pc one)

I have set the boot order to my CD/DVD Rom is first and when i insert the dvd it still does not detect it. it does not do this on any other pcs i have fixed in the past.

It just says “Press R to recover your system, In X seconds” (It says this either if i have the boot disk is in or not)

Problem Two (PC two)

When i insert the CD and put Boot via DVD/CD rom. it says press any button to boot from CD/DVD…

But when i do it does not do anything. Keyboard is fine etc. it just skips it. it looks like its going to load but doesnt.

Please help me guys[/QUOTE]
Hi daveff
Welcome to the MyCE forum :flower:

Have you checked all the connections on the drives ? also are the drives showing in BIOS ? another thing you might try and that is to reset the BIOS to it’s default settings.

hi fella, thank you.

They are both laptops so i think the connections wud b okay.

Yeah i have tryed settin to defaut settings but, still does the same… i dont know why this happens =/

[QUOTE=daveff;2446041]hi fella, thank you.

They are both laptops so i think the connections wud b okay.

Yeah i have tryed settin to defaut settings but, still does the same… i dont know why this happens =/[/QUOTE]

Both laptop hmmm, have you tried switching the drive from another laptop that does not have this issue ? I mean it;s not uncommon for faulty drives in laptops due to excessive heat or just gone belly up.

Is this a boot CD/DVD that you burned or a commercial install CD/DVD?
Is it a Windows OS disk? Have you tried any other bootable CD/DVD like any linux distro?

check the disk info in nero or other burning softare you used.
it iwll say if the dvd /cd is bootable or not.
it must have burnt disk atonce mode.
also some drives treat it as a cd in the absence of a windows or some system.
you can make sure using a bootable cd in the drive.