Boosting volume a few times (quality loss ?)

Hello guys,

Just wondering is there going to be any type of audible quality loss if I boost the volume of a CD for a 2nd time ?
I boosted the volume by a few db months ago using Adobe Audition 1.5.
I no longer have the original low volume CD (I only kept the CD with the volume raised).
I would now like to boost the volume to peak at -.01 db (so no clipping), which would be boosting by a few more db.
Is it tecnically going to cause any type of audible quality loss (like adding hiss or anything) by boosting the volume for a 2nd time using Adobe Audition 1.5 ?

Thanks

Is it tecnically going to cause any type of audible quality loss (like adding hiss or anything) by boosting the volume for a 2nd time

Make a copy before making changes and try it… The “hiss or anything” if any, will/should get louder…I don’t think you’ll be [I]adding[/I] "hiss or anything…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2448176]Make a copy before making changes and try it… The “hiss or anything” if any, will/should get louder…I don’t think you’ll be [I]adding[/I] "hiss or anything…[/QUOTE]

Hello,
Yeah obviously anything already in the file will get louder if you boost the file, but are there any kind of technical reasons which say it’s not a good thing to do more than once ?

IMHO, it’s “not a good thing to do more than once”…As stated above, try it and find out…You’ll have the copy in case anything goes wrong (e.g clipping, distortion, too LOUD etc…

the quality of sound and video deteorates every susequent recordings.if you save it in hdd every altered file and trying to record from that .all tape recording troubles will sow up.
it is not like copying the cd to cd.
you may try to add more processing while play back of the existing cd.
original proffessionally recorded cd would have optimised volume and tone quality.

[QUOTE=padoor;2448249]the quality of sound and video deteorates every susequent recordings.if you save it in hdd every altered file and trying to record from that .all tape recording troubles will sow up.
it is not like copying the cd to cd.
you may try to add more processing while play back of the existing cd.
[B]original proffessionally recorded cd would have optimised volume and tone quality.[/B][/QUOTE]
That is not always the case if you are referring to purchased pressed CDs.