Booktyped dvd+r show as dvd+rw?

vbimport

I recently bought a liteon 1693s firmware version ks0a. My first burned dvd showed it was booktyped to dvd-rom (dvd+r), when played back thru the liteon 1693s, it shows up as a dvd+rw? It will not allow me to read what is on it or do a disc scan. I have tried a few other firmwares(ks04,ksob) they still show any burned dvd+r set to booktype dvd-rom as dvd+rw. Any help?

Probably a burning problem.

What software are you using to burn? What media do your discs have? What did you use to set booktype? What program is reporting your discs as RW?

Hi guys sorry I haven’t got back to you. I use dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0, nero 7. Media is dvd+r- yuden, ritek, and have tried fuji film. I used liteons booktype program, it only booktyped the discs 1 time. I have decrypter set to booktype all dvd+r to dvd-rom, problem is when I read them back thru the 1693s they com up as dvd+rw booktyped to dvd-rom? these are dvd+r disks! I have set the book type back to normal they now come up dvd+r booktyped to dvd+r. I need to be able to booktype to dvd-rom so my playstation 2 can read them. It is an older version(4), and my friends is a version(5). They will not play on either ps2, dvd-r play great, dvd+r booktyped to dvd-rom play great. My nec booktypes and the same dvds booktyped to rom play imediatly on both ps2. ANY ANSWERS? I NEED HELP! BTW- any program that can read the media id, tells me that the dvd+r booktyped to dvd-rom comes up as a dvd+rw booktyped to dvd-rom!!

OK, when any dvd+r disk burned with the liteon 1693s is played back in it, the media shows up as dvd+rw booktyped to dvd-rom. when played back in any other dvd drive it shows up correctly dvd+r booktyped as dvd-rom! Should I send it back, or does anyone know how to fix it? I am using codekings bios ksob fbd. Have tried ks02,ks04 ks0a. All with same problem, even tried resetting the Reset Learnt media calibration data. Now I get power calibration errors. Takes like 1 minute to start to write lead-in. Maybe the eeprom is screwed up. Does anyone have a good eeprom image? Any ideas?

I’m getting these errors when I tried to burn a DVD+R in my Liteon SOHW 1693S KSOB. Nero takes about 3 minutes for lead-in and the error is displayed. Nero 7 automatically changes book type, why does this happen ? Is it a problem with my Burner ?

Use better media.

Hey guys check this out, I am still trying to fix this burner. I crossflashed this drive to a sony dru-800a to see if it would fix my problem. No go still shows all dvd+r media booktyped to dvd-rom as dvd+rw? SONY DVD RW DRU-800A KY06 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD+RW

Disc Information:
Erasable: Yes
Formatted: Yes
Supported Write Speeds: 4x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: PRODISC-R03-03
Book Type: DVD+RW
Part Version: 2
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,482,879

Format Capacity:
Sectors: 2,295,104
Size: 4,700,372,992 bytes
Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)

This is the same disc read thru my BenQ:

BENQ DVD DD DW1640 BSOB (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 2,286,272
Size: 4,682,285,056 bytes
Time: 508:05:47 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Book Type: DVD+R
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,482,879
ANY ANSWERS? COULD THE EEPROM BE SCREWED?

No, surely it’s only a not-that-important firmware bug.

Here is a scan done on a fuji film dvd+r I burned with the liteon 1693s. Dvd+r booktyped to dvd-rom. After burn, decrypter and nero showed it as a dvd+r. I ran a quality scan using my benq, take a look:

Here is the same disc after the scan read through the liteon