Booktype trouble/old player

Slight problem. I have a NEC 3540A. Upgraded to liggy’s(sp?) firmware where I can booktype to dvd-rom. I am using dvd shrink wth dvd decrypter. Set decrypter booktype dvd-rom. I am copying the best of abbott and costello dvd.
I burned it at 8x and then separately 4x speed and am using Phillips DVD+r (could not tell you id code). The reason I using this is I have RCA 5910 (5 disc player); its about 7 years old. Dvd plays in the player but it skips every few seconds. It can play perfectly in my other dvd players.
Any advice would be appreciated. As I am making a lot of copies I considering replacing the 5 player with another; obviously I do not want to do this if I dont have too.

Thanks in advance.
Lyle

I would definitely try a different media if it is skipping. Phillips aren’t the greatest, or you could try quality DVD-R discs.

Looking on video help
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers?DVDname=rca+5910&Submit=Search&Search=Search&dvdportable=&dvdchanger=&dvdtv=&chipset=&country=&orderby=Name&hits=25
It looks like this player is kind of picky with recorded media (not too suprizing with an older player like that). It might just be a matter of finding media that the player likes if you want to keep using it.

thanks for the help. I will try new media but I noticed as maybe a related issue, when I put in the disc I burned which I thought was book typed as dvd-rom, dvd decrypter reads it in Physical Format Information as dvd+r. Should this read dvd-rom?
Whats going on?
Thanks again.

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: CMC MAG-E01-00
Book Type: DVD+R
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,155,439
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Lyle

Do you have Nero CD/DVD speed? open it and put the disc in and see what it tells you under disc info. If you have successfully set the booktype you should see something like this different media code ofcourse), because reading what the info says in what you have posted it does not look like you have success fully changed the book type:

thanks for the information. downloaded dvd speed-it actually says my booktype is dvd-rom. I take it this program is more authoritative. I guess my original program is what was said, bad media.
Thanks again,
Lyle

CMC are not the best, but not necessarily the worse, I have CMC I bought them cheap for testing booktyping when I first started, didn’t want to waste verbs, they work fine in my player and in all but one of my famys’ players. More like incompatability, now you know this you will know not to use this media for your player infuture.

Other than kprobe which can only be ued with certain brands CD-DVD speed is the testing software of choice here.