Booktype Setting on LG 4120B - answer from LG

vbimport

Hi fellas,

I wrote to grman LG support recently about Booktype Setting capability in their latest DVD Multiformat writer 4120B. Today, I got a response from them in german language, here is a translation of what it says:

“Regarding your inquiry I can inform you that there will be a firmware update supporting “Booktype setting”. An exact release date is not known yet.”

I think this is a very positive signal from LG towards their customers, and I am really happy that they have become aware of that problem.

cu,

Jackie

Yes, this is a great news!

Kenshin,

Is this your work? If it is then thank you very much!

I’m not sure but it must have had some influence at least but LG’s too big to be affected by repetitious requests and persuasions from one person. I mean they are very bureaucratic and the hierarchy is not like anything that exists in the Western society.

Good news, really. I hope LG support in other countries will have the same answer. :slight_smile:

i m using NOAD. i try to burn a DL media.
do i need to do any setting b4 proceeding to my burning using Nero 6.3.17 ? or Nwero will autoburn it as DVD-ROM?

Your burner will autoburn your DVD+R as a DVD-ROM.

As easy as flashing it to N0AD, just once. :slight_smile:

ok. i burned a Verbatim DL media.
the burning on Nero was a success but the disc has difficult times read back in LG 4120B, 4082B ( A206), TDK1280 and TDK combo 523252BC( N7E3,DL supp)
the content of the disc took very long to show in windows explorer. if i click on any files inside system (explorer )will hang.i forced dvdinfopro to try a scandisc.
it read though,but error started to appear when nearing 50% which is towards the 2nd layer. same for kprobe which failed at 50% in tdk523252BC. ( tdk1280 wont even allow kprobe to run, it just stopped responding).

i guess NOAD is just not very stable yet. i m gng to switch back to A102

Hi…

I had no problems burning +R DL with N0AD. Maybe bad media or defective burner?

Regards,

Gerd

A102 works flawlessly for me but not NOAD.
tried 2 DL media both burn with success but the discs have difficulties read by dvdroms and even lg drive itself.

A102 works flawlessly for me but not NOAD.
tried 2 DL media both burn with success but the discs have difficulties read by dvdroms and even lg drive itself.

what media u use, Gerd?

Most DL media on the market are the same you used. Mitsubishi MKM001.

Since most people seem to have enjoyed successful N0AD DVD+R DL burning so far, why not try to find problems elsewhere other than the firmware?

i could not find out why stil dun work. NOAD gave me 3rd coaster…

I’ve been curious. Maybe it’s not worth the trouble. Better wait for cheaper DL media.

I now have 8 DL media. For the cost of 8 DL media, I could have bought one more DL writer drive. :slight_smile:

i 've been curious too. anyway i will hold on till next firmware perhaps.