Booktype Problem - Pioneer Drive

vbimport

Hope someone can help me here.

I am using a laptop with a DVRKD08L Burner, and I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL Discs

I tried burning one of my backups(I have never burned my backups, only backed them up)
From my understanding, the Pioneer is supposed to auto set the booktype to DVD-Rom, but when I burned it, it burned fine, and went to verify, and it said the booktype was DVD+R DL

Can anyone assist me on this?

Thank you.

Who is “it”???

By “it”, I mean imgburn. :slight_smile:

Burns fine, but when going back to verify, it shows the booktype as DVD+R DL.

IMGburn never autoset the book type for me (Nero does). When IMGburn is open (to write the disc) click the book type icon in the lower right hand corner and select your drive and change DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM.

Hmmm. I will have to try Nero then. I have Nero 7 installed. Also there is no Pioneer tab in imgburn to set the booktype

Don’t burn a DVD w/ Nero 7 as it may not be auto changed. Again you can view options / book type settings on Nero. In “Nero Burning ROM” where it shows your writer click the drive icon right to left and you’ll get choose burner win, select your writer and there should be an options tab to set it etc.

If you can find out which of the drives in ImgBurn can be used to set your Pioneer.
If any can.
If it works like it does with my Lite-On then you can set it to the EEPROM & it will keep the DVD-ROM setting till you change it.

Right, the question IS: Does that drive/firmware [B]support Booktype setting[/B] at all?
And if yes, is it done automatically or not…

[QUOTE=chef;2559107]Right, the question IS: Does that drive/firmware [B]support Booktype setting[/B] at all?
And if yes, is it done automatically or not…[/QUOTE]

I assumed his drive did support bitsetting, yes chef’s right! :confused: Not all DVD Writers support this feature, if yours doesn’t then you can look for modified/hacked FW (if available) if not there’s nothing you can do as this is not a software level issue.