Booktype DVD-Rom on DVD+RW media

vbimport

I think the bitsetting procedure is well-known: After you have set the default booktype to DVD-Rom in DVD Info Pro, you just burn with Nero and the disc is bookmarked as DVD-Rom automatically.

Unfortunately, this is only right for DVD+R. When you burn a DVD+RW in Nero and forget to select the option “bookmark DVD-Rom”, the disc is bookmarked as DVD+RW and the default setting of DVD Info Pro is changed to DVD+RW, too.

To avoid this, you have to start regedit and edit a value. You can find it here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder

Just change the value of “BooktypeDVDRom” from 0 to 1, and Nero automatically enables the check mark “bookmark DVD-Rom”.

Is this confirmed?

I have burned a couple of DVD roms with +R by changing it in DVDINFO

However, I don’t even have that value to change in the folder that you specified.

I should be able to add it and it should be a binary value. I’d like to be absolutely sure of that as well.

Thanks.

Strange. I am using Nero 6316. Maybe the value does not exist if you have not burned a DVD+RW yet?

I don’t have it either. I have burned one DVD+RW.
Using Nero 6.3.0.3.

I have Nero 6.3.1.6 installed here.
I navigated to your specified path in registry, and found no keys titled “BooktypeDVDRom”.
I also did a reg search for Booktype* and came up with nothing.
I have not yet burned a DVD+RW in Nero.

I wonder if this would work if I add the key in manually…

At least the files NERO.EXE and NEROAPI.DLL contain the word “BookTypeDVDROM”. Of course I don’t know which part of the software uses this value.

Strange. But I assure you that this value is in my registry. I have NOT added it manually.

When I burn DVD+R, there is no option “booktype DVD-Rom” in Nero. Every DVD+R is bookmarked as DVD-Rom automatically.

It would be perfect if the “booktype DVD-Rom” option disappeared for DVD+RW. We do not need the bitsetting capability of Nero. The best would be to disable it completely. Does any1 have a clue how to do that?

Btw, if I burn a DVD+RW with DVD Decrypter, it is bookmarked as DVD-Rom (it takes the default booktype which has been set in DVD Info Pro). I wish Nero could take this default setting instead of setting the booktype itself.

Originally posted by easy-going-man
Strange. But I assure you that this value is in my registry. I have NOT added it manually.

I also have this registry entry in my system and BookTypeDVDRom was already set to 1. I have recently installed Nero Ultra and then promptly downloaded the 4 updates for the software, putting me at version 6.3.1.6. I also installed DVDInfoPro and set my default booktype to DVD-ROM. I am not sure what combination of these events causes the entry to be there and not in others.

NS

Originally posted by noleshaun
[B]I also have this registry entry in my system and BookTypeDVDRom was already set to 1. I have recently installed Nero Ultra and then promptly downloaded the 4 updates for the software, putting me at version 6.3.1.6. I also installed DVDInfoPro and set my default booktype to DVD-ROM. I am not sure what combination of these events causes the entry to be there and not in others.

NS [/B]

Same here, and I’ve had Nero 6.3.1.6 installed since the patch first came out.