BookType / Bitsetting on the TS-H652D

I live in China… and I got a TS-H652D a while ago (apparently it is the same as the SH-S182D).

Today I tried to update the firmware. Since it’s the same as the SH-S182D, I went on Samsung’s site to get the latest. It didn’t work, saying my device was incompatible.

I searched online for a long while, and found the TS-H652D firmware MO01 and KC03. Both didn’t work initially, but I forced it to update to KC03 with -nocheck on the firmware update program.

I still have not been able to get book type to work.

I’m trying to get DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM.

With Nero CD-DVD Speed, under extra > bitsetting, everything is selectable besides “Set as default.” When I set DVD+R DL to book as DVD-ROM… it says ‘success!’ But when I exit out and look at “Disc Info” it displays the book type as DVD+R DL still.

Same thing with imgburn, says ‘success’ on book type change but DVD+R DL still doesn’t display as DVD-ROM.

Do I have to set the book type, then burn something onto the CD to check if the book type is working (in that case everything’s fine) or is something wrong?

Thanks

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome on board Genome852. :iagree: :clap:
Insert disc before setting bitset with CD.DVDSpeed.
Ensure you don’t remove disc till after burning.
When you check for bitset success after burning.
Make sure you are looking at booktype & not disc type.
Disc type cannot be changed.
Booktype can.

Thank you for the quick response.

I didn’t know I had to burn something onto the DVD before checking if the bitsetting was successful or not… :eek:

Hi :slight_smile:
Yes you do.
When you biset it writes about 4 bits. It is these 4 bits that ‘fool’ the player into thinking that it’s a DVD-ROM as opposed to DVD+ media.