Booktype/bitsetting glitches

vbimport

Recently I experienced a few quirky disks, some verbatim, and had issues on standalone players that normally did great. I reburned the disks but scanned a couple of the rejects, they scored ~90-95. The last one wouldn’t even play in several standalones, I scanned, another mid 90’s, it played fine with power dvd in my burner, but wouldn’t play in my best standalone.

In over 2 years I have never seen this, I’ve been bitsetting about 3 months,
all the bad disks were dvd+r’s burned with nero 6.6.xxx and LG or nec burners.

Until this last disk I had not verified the problem just blaming it on bad
standalones or 1 or 2 bad disks that I didn’t scan.

First I blamed the media(mcc 004/MIT/cmc) then the burners. Now I am convinced it’s the bitsetting in combination with something else.

Bumfuzzled to say the least.

What did you use to change booktype for each?

What program did you use to check booktype on disc?

all the bad disks were dvd+r’s burned with nero 6.6.xxx

and bitsett

What program did you use to check booktype on disc?

nero cdspeed and infotool

my initial use of bitsetting was positive

The point is: Not every drive reports the booktype correctly!!

I don’t think that point? was pertinent to the problem but I will investigate further.
With several programs [B]and[/B] drives.

I see from reading your other posts you have more than 1 machine. Does this happen in all your machines? Does it happen with your BenQ? Have you tried Binflash with bitsetting f/w for your NEC? I guess Binflash still supports bitsetting as i haven’t used it in awhile.

Had to edit a few things. Some trouble shooting should narrow it down. I’ve never owned an LG drive so no help there.

Unfortunately some of the disks were COF and I can’t nail down which box(of 3) did the burns. Back then I was using an nec 3550, an LG 4163B, and NEC 3520. I use L&D’s latest usually for the NEC’s, stock latest for LG.