Book type setting

vbimport

I downloaded the bit setting utility from Lite On. However it does not seem to work. When I check on setting the book type to DVD ROM from a DVD+R It goes thru the routine and indicated that the book type setting was successful . However when I query it again, it still shows DVD+R . So I immediately went to Imageburn to burn a video, again Imageburn indicates that it is still a DVD+R. What have I done wrong? Tks

which Lite-On burner are you using? Have you tried another burning program other than Imgburn?

I am using SHW-160P6S . I used Booktype Liteon 100.exe as well as Booktype 136.exe. Both did not change the book type to DVD-ROM. I will try dvddecrypter or Nero .

Did you have a blank +R disc in the drive when using LO’s booktype tool?

Yes I did.

However I just burned a image using Nero Recorder and it did change the book type to DVD ROM . Somehow both Liteon pgms dont work whereas the NERO Recorder s/w did .

Why don’t you try C0deKing’ Settings Utility? Look here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/settings-utility-liteon-drives-v1-1-0-new-241940/

G

[quote=MediumRare;2084845]Why don’t you try C0deKing’ Settings Utility? Look here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/settings-utility-liteon-drives-v1-1-0-new-241940/

G[/quote]

I will try and advise. Tks

Has the Book Type Utility from the last “Read first” sticky been tried? This works for my LiteOn SHM-165P6S and Sony DRU-120C drives. Remember to select “Save” before closing Book Type Utility, or setting will not be saved which could be current problem as well.

Which "Read first " sticky ? Tks

Read first: Comprehensive LiteOn Tools Collection (v5.0.7) (revised on 8 January 2007), last one on this forum.

OK here is the screen for my drive using the 1.1 utility.

Can anyone help with setting the booktype on this drive?

The LiteOn Book Type Utility works very well for me. Perhaps you’re not clicking the “Save” option before exiting the program, or you’re expecting it to show DVD-ROM for blank media which it will not do. All blank +R media will always show +R book type and will only show DVD-ROM book type after disc is burned.

[quote=scottrleo1;2093600]OK here is the screen for my drive using the 1.1 utility.

Can anyone help with setting the booktype on this drive?[/quote]

What you have is an OEM drive typically used by Dell and HP, meaning, it’s not sold in the general market. Perhaps the firmware and/or drive ID isn’t fully recognized, thus, incapable of setting the booktype.

I was expecting it to show DVD-Rom after it is burned. However it still shows DVD+R with video burned on. I Will try again one more time with the liteon program. I know I have no problem changing book type with Nero Recorder.