Book-type mgmt

vbimport

Reflashed phillips 8631 to BenQ DW1620 B7T9

I burned my image to a HP +R 8x disc. The disc reads as “Book Type Status=DVD-ROM” yet when using book type mgmt ver 9.4 (only DL’ed after the burn) It shows the drive set for DVD+R type as current book type. Does the seeting need to be changed to DVD-ROM or just leave it alone ??

Do DVD+R media set to book type DVD-ROM play in set-top machines only supporting -R media ?? Supporting Neither R or +R ??

I know its not an all or nuttin’ - but Im trying to mass-distribute a feature I am producing and to date, 7 out of 60 discs shipped were un-readable by test audience. These were all created on -R media when the drive was still running original phillips firmware. I need to create whatever will play on the majority of [i]SET-TOP[/i] boxes (i.e. hooked to a TV).

I have 4 of these drives available to me and 2 hi-end dell Optiplex’s - is using multiple drive software like Alcohol120 NOT suggested for mass-duplication ??

Thanks…from a Nooobie but geek since the daze of PDP-11’s and DEC Rainbow100’s

NOTE - below samples were NOT burned on the same physical drive but drives are identical types. First graph is data burned on drive (1 - phillips firmware) but read tested on drive (2 - BenQ firmware). Second graph is data burned and tested on drive (2)

Scan of phillips fimware -R disc (like ones sent out)

Scan of same image, burner flashed to BenQ

Do DVD+R media set to book type DVD-ROM play in set-top machines only supporting -R media ?? Supporting Neither R or +R ??

DVD-ROM is supposed to be most compatible and they will play in almost anything. it doesn’t matter if the standalone plays +,-, or both

It shows the drive set for DVD+R type as current book type. Does the seeting need to be changed to DVD-ROM or just leave it alone ??

it needs to be changed if you want the booktype to be DVD-ROM