Bon Jovi adds extra features to new album to fight piracy

I just posted the article Bon Jovi adds extra features to new album to fight piracy.

One of the main complaints of music consumers is that prices are too high. Many consumers also give this as a reason for file sharing, and also many people say; 'I can get the music for free, why…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4541-Bon-Jovi-adds-extra-features-to-new-album-to-fight-piracy.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4541-Bon-Jovi-adds-extra-features-to-new-album-to-fight-piracy.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Who the hell still buys Bon Jovi albums? THEY SUCK!!!

Regardless of what you think of Bon Jovi, or that the idea doesn’t work you have to give him credit for one thing… He’s trying. Granted this plan may not work and may fall flat on it’s face, but Bon Jovi is trying a plan to encourage CD purchasing without being restrictive on copying. He’s trying the “More Flies with Honey than with Vinegar” approach. It’s more than the RIAA is willing to do

good idea, even if i’m not a bon jovi fan, the thing is they don’t use oppression, and for this i say a big BRAVO :7

Yeh, I’m not a fan of Bon Jovi either, but I have to applaud the fact that they don’t waste time and money on implementing (useless) copy protections, but spend it on extra’s for the consumer instead. Way to go.

Interesting! I’ve got the Promo copy of Everyday in front of me and it shows up as six data tracks. Running it through Manual TOC in EAC (Plextor 40TS SCSI) meant I could rip it, but it was very slow. (Approx 1.5 X with 97% accuracy - no errors reported). Having got it recognised in Plextools 115, I got half way through a 3 minute track in 11 minutes with about 90 errors reported (level 5) before I got bored with waiting. Don’t know if the commercial album is like this. HTH. P.S. For some reason it’s recognised straight away as 5 songs and a data track (as it should be) on my Pioneer DVD writer!?

You can get the album from www.21century-mp3.com amongst other sites. The Bon Jovi stuff on Kazaa is just loops and duff stuff. You may also be able to track down Phil Collins new release called “Testify”, Holly Valances “Footprints”…all available before the official release dates…just FYI

His real anti-piracy scheme is: having such boring music nobody will waste time ripping it.

His real anti-piracy scheme is: having such boring music nobody will waste time ripping it.
LMAO:)

If the music industry really wanted to stop piracy, then this is what they could do: Just keep putting out the crap they are putting out now and don’t sign any “real” bands to their labels. Let the real bands sign with labels that don’t mind if the songs are on P2P networks. If the bands are good, put extra sh!t on the CD like videos, access to premium web sites, etc. That’s my 2 cents.