Bogus playlists help!

vbimport

Few days ago I was sorting my blu-ray original disc collection and by mistake I stepped on one of the blu-ray boxes and cracked the disc inside -oh well $19.99 gone- I was digging in one of my hardrives for its backup and I smiled when I found the backup for it as disc image, So I checked it and played fine on my computer so I went ahead and burned a disc from it so I can play it on my media player drive and after playing back the burned disc the movie is not playing in the right order so I knew the disc has cenavia although my player doesn’t have cenavia hardware in it it’s just the playing order is anoying, Here is my question can I burn another copy using the right playlist if I know which one, If so how? Can I just delete all other bogus playlists and burn another copy? I really want to make a playable copy with all the menus and extras not just the main movie, When I backed up this copy I wasn’t aware of this problem nor I remeber which software I used to create the disc image.

Cinavia has nothing to do with the movie playing out of order. Cinavia is an audio watermark that, when detected on a copy, will stop playback of the audio.

If this is a complete backup of the movie, the correct playlist should be included in it. Since it plays on the computer correctly, it sounds like the playlist you want is included. There are a couple of different things you could try in order to select the correct playlist.

First, mount the iso file in a virtual drive, like Slysoft Virtual Clone Drive. It is free to download and use.

Then try using ClownBD to select the main movie and do a quick backup to blu ray format. This will not re-encode the movie, so it should be fairly fast. http://www.clownbd.com/ You will lose menus and extras.

ClownBD will normally select the right playlist. When you make this copy, play it from the hard drive first before trying to burn it to a disc.

Another program to do basically the same thing is BD Rebuilder. If the movie is small enough to fit onto a disc without re-encoding, it will just let it pass through. Like ClownBD, BD Rebuilder is really very good at selecting the correct playlist, but you’ll need to test the output to be sure.

You can try both the main Movie Only option in BD Rebuilder, or the Full backup if you want the menu and extras. But if the movie wasn’t decrypted properly, the full backup may show the same symptoms of faulty playback.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2710545]Cinavia has nothing to do with the movie playing out of order. Cinavia is an audio watermark that, when detected on a copy, will stop playback of the audio.

If this is a complete backup of the movie, the correct playlist should be included in it. Since it plays on the computer correctly, it sounds like the playlist you want is included. There are a couple of different things you could try in order to select the correct playlist.

First, mount the iso file in a virtual drive, like Slysoft Virtual Clone Drive. It is free to download and use.

Then try using ClownBD to select the main movie and do a quick backup to blu ray format. This will not re-encode the movie, so it should be fairly fast. http://www.clownbd.com/ You will lose menus and extras.

ClownBD will normally select the right playlist. When you make this copy, play it from the hard drive first before trying to burn it to a disc.

Another program to do basically the same thing is BD Rebuilder. If the movie is small enough to fit onto a disc without re-encoding, it will just let it pass through. Like ClownBD, BD Rebuilder is really very good at selecting the correct playlist, but you’ll need to test the output to be sure.

You can try both the main Movie Only option in BD Rebuilder, or the Full backup if you want the menu and extras. But if the movie wasn’t decrypted properly, the full backup may show the same symptoms of faulty playback.[/QUOTE]

I meant to say Sony DADC protection called Screen Pass, Yes all playlists are there, like I said it’s an exact disc image of the damaged disc, I have 50GB BD-R’s so full backup is not a problem.

Another way to find the correct playlist is to play the movie with VLC media player. Once the movie has started, right click in the VLC screen and you will see a list of options, one of which is Playlist. The playlist that is actually being used will show up in [B]bold[/B] print.

Edit: Which player are you using now? It may have a similar function.

I just installed BD rebuilder and loaded the folder after mounting the image with Virtual CloneDrive, I don’t see the option of displaying playlists in BDRB interface, I’m afraid that I will end up with the exact same copy that I already have with all playlists there. I use MPC-HC to play streams from the folder, I don’t have blu-ray player software on my computer, I play all my movies from blu-ray drive equiped media player on my big screen TV.

VLC doesn’t play blu-ray discs or folders. Even if it does it would show up diffrent playlists for diffrent segments, The main movie in this case is not one file, it is spliced to 3 or 4 chunks of diffrent few gigabytes of sizes. There is 223 playlists. MPC-HC plays BD playlists VLC doesn’t.

You’re mostly right about the playlist. I was only getting the m2ts file being played to show up in bold in the playlist tool within VLC, though the playlist file is also listed if you look carefully. VLC will open the folder for me, but gives an error message you can normally ignore. Unfortunately, a bit of testing shows it doesn’t work on complex blu ray structure like you have.

Try a different tool to find the playlists: BDInfo. I haven’t used it in a very long while now, so I forgot about it.

The problem with this is that with a blu ray using seamless branching, you’ll have several playlists of similar length. You’ll have to experiment a bit with each of them.

I know the right playlist, I just want a way to burn a disc, Is deleting all bogus playlists and leave the main one as well as the ones that manage the extras such as trailers and the make of will make the burned copy play fine?

I wouldn’t go deleting playlists indiscriminately. This is likely to give you a menu that is mostly broken.

You should probably try BD Rebuilder if you want some menu options. There are several modes in BD Rebuilder that give you menus.

The Full backup will be a straight copy, if you set your output to a BD-50. I’m afraid this might not solve the jumbled playback however, as I’m not so sure your disc was decrypted properly. You can try this however, as it shouldn’t take much time. Now would be a good time for a 50gb BD-RE disc to test output. I don’t know that you’ll want to waste a 50gb BD-R disc if this doesn’t work.

You can also have a Movie and Menu with the extras automatically blanked out. To do this you would have to enable Blanking and Edit mode in the INI file. Read my guide for BD Rebuilder using the link below, in my signature. You could, with this type of backup, chose which extras to keep by right clicking on each to Preview them. To get them back into the movie and remove the red X next to the ones you want to keep, double left click on them.

And another option is the Quick Start mode. In this one, a new, simple menu is made, so I doubt you’d want this. This one jumps straight into the main movie, but you can access the extras through the controls of your player. When making this type of backup, you also get options on which extras to keep. Since BD Rebuilder automatically chooses only those items of a certain length in time, you may lose things like previews of other movies. The length of time can be adjusted, so that more items are included if you wish.

Some of this is a bit complicated, but reading through the guide should help.

Normally a straight rip of a blu ray movie into an ISO format can be burned to a 50gb blank blu ray disc and play ok. But yours didn’t work. Which is why I’m doubtful about your decryption process.

Did you burn the ISO with ImgBurn using UDF 2.5 file system?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2710568]Normally a straight rip of a blu ray movie into an ISO format can be burned to a 50gb blank blu ray disc and play ok. But yours didn’t work. Which is why I’m doubtful about your decryption process.

Did you burn the ISO with ImgBurn using UDF 2.5 file system?[/QUOTE]

Yes I used ImbBurn to burn the disc image not sure if UDF but it played fine so that’s not the problem, I will remove only playlists that doesn’t have the right order for the main movie streams using powerISO to edit the image, I will save those bogus playlists just in case I run into a problem, I will play it with TMT6 that I just installed for this purpose and see how it goes, Your’re right testing with BD-R’s is time and money consuming.

No it did not work, TMT6 freezes on a white screen.

Is there a way to make the BDMV folder work, TMT6 plays only black screen after I put back all playlists to the playlist folder? Most likely I will endup just keeping the main movie but before that anyone have knowledge of the system files of a BDMV folder and how to make a playlist the default one.

Supposing you have the folder, not iso, you could try loading it in dvdfab.
If the structure isn’t too messed up, dvdfab should be able to sort when you
pick copy main movie. Pick where you want to store main movie and process to see what happens.
Not knowing how you originally processed and copied to hard drive makes it difficult to know what happened.
Perhaps dvdfab can open an iso as well…I forget whether it can or not.
If you want to play movie from file on hard drive, not knowing what you are using, it may be necessary to further process after dvdfab gets through since it doesn’t consolidate to a single m2ts file.
All this is only a suggestion since I don’t know if it will help or not.

I don’t have a problem with the main movie, I want to make the blu-ray structure work as a whole with menu, extras …etc I found a program called BDedit and I’m trying to learn it, it is too complicated.