Bogus Firmware for 401s?

Hello CDFREAKS,
I recall successfully installing the firmware posted by Farookh for 401s (ESOJ). Listed on cdfreaks is a
new firmware for 411 name ESOJ. Am i right in assuming that
the firmware posted for 401s was indeed a bogus firmware.
I’ll also like to add that so far it hasn’t caused any problems.

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is LIE waiting to be told.

No, read the thread. The ES0J firmware that farookh posted that was sent by email from Lite-ON is identical to the ES0J that was released today on liteonit.com

Hi, Im a forum newbie. I noticed on the reactions link on the cd freaks main page, A posting about a new firmware for my LDW-411s drive. So I went to lite on ( lite on usa and Tw and lite on it) and they all say that ESOJ is for LDW 401s. So are you guys hosing peoples LDW-411s drives with the wrong firmware? This is just a question, as firmware is a very serious upgrade, and if the driver is actually intended for a different drive, the major problems… Shit could realy hit the fan!!!

I need to also ask if anyone else has problems with little skips in there dvd-r movies done with Clone dvd when watched on home players. I have Pioneer 656A and Norcent DVD. The movies look awsome, but there are odd little skips or hangs in the video, audio seems fine though. I use dvd decrypter and then point clone dvd at the file produced by dvd decrypter. Any help greatley appreciated. :cool: :

Originally posted by Reality
Hi, Im a forum newbie. I noticed on the reactions link on the cd freaks main page, A posting about a new firmware for my LDW-411s drive. So I went to lite on ( lite on usa and Tw and lite on it) and they all say that ESOJ is for LDW 401s. So are you guys hosing peoples LDW-411s drives with the wrong firmware?

Come now, How can “You guys” be responsible if someone flashing “their” drive with the wrong firmware:confused: