Boeing installs cell-phone, live TV and Wi-Fi support in planes

vbimport

I just posted the article Boeing installs cell-phone, live TV and Wi-Fi support in planes.

If you currently finding your rest in airplane where you can’t get called, nor get disturbed by phones ringing of other passengers, then get ready for a change.

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/boeing-installs-cell-phone-live-tv-and-wi-fi-support-in-planes-63914/](http://www.myce.com/news/boeing-installs-cell-phone-live-tv-and-wi-fi-support-in-planes-63914/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Great :frowning:

Now you are stuck on a plane for so many hours listening to some obnoxious idiot telling his/her story to the world. :(:frowning:
I hope the airlines have a large complaint department, they will soon be needing one. :iagree:

With Airbus’s Fly by Wire being less than 100% and now Boeing allowing jackasses to use thier iCrap unhindered, that only leaves Antonov and Tupolev aircraft worth flying on. Wonder if Aeroflot could be convinced to become a regional carrier in North America?

Hopefully it will be included in the ticket price, rather than additional pay on demand service. The current seat phone is too expensive for most people and is rarely used.

Folks, I’m worried about this.

What happens if the set data-limits are exceeded by crew and passengers and, say, AT&T decides to throttle the plane back. Does this cut data feeds like GPS, radio signals, landing instructions, in-flight data-systems such as fuel? Will they force us to de-fuel to pay for it, or maybe send up interceptors and force us to pay them, in-flight? I think I saw this in a Stallone movie with John Lithgow, where they strung up some hi-wire and we’d have to slip all the luggage and valuables over. Gee. I don’t know if I’d like that. “Can I get change - I only have Twenties?”

Or will it be more automated? “Sorry, you didn’t respond quickly enough. All systems off.”

I mean, what happens if the pilot and co-pilot have been exceeding their data limits for a while and, despite every collection effort, the ComCastAir decides there’s no other recourse but to shut down the plane? Say, at 30,000 feet?

Or, what happens if the RIAA discovers the navigator’s on Strike 7? Will they let the plane land or send it off-course, like to the Seychelles for quarantine? (I like the Seychelles, by the way. Very nice. Except for the tsunamis. And if I’m on one of those Southwest hour-long flights, gulp…)

Will Anonymous hack in and scramble everything up? Will they run the in-flight movie backwards, or download something totally inappropriate and force us to watch it?

Somehow, I don’t think any of this will speed up Windows by 50%. Darn.

Does this mean if I don’t like the “noise” around mefrom cell phone users or other electronic devices making noise & desturbing my peace . I can just start singing as loud as I can & that will be OK too ?
I think that would disturb those on cell phones & most because I’m not a very good singer.
The point is why would their noise disturbing me be any better or more allowed?

The same way I don’t want to sit next to a 400 pound fat guy trying to fit in a single seat.

And that’s another great point!

“You talking to me? YOU talking TO ME?!!” I mean, just think about all the confusing moments when someone behind is asking questions or making rude statements, and then you discover they’re talking on the phone? I mean - would DeNiro put up with that? Would we all end up with mohawks?

Then, what about those “cell phones cause cancer” issues? If that’s ONE cell-phone, what about 220 on a plane?

Does everyone deboard looking like they’re Charles Laughton in some Lon Chaney remake? And then do we just learn to pull Marty Feldmans to anyone meeting us?

“Wha’ hump?”

I was on a JetBlue internal connecting flight from JFK to Washington a couple of weeks ago and they had 36 channels of live TV and WiFi.

The WiFi was a bit expensive for just a short flight so I didn’t bother.

You had to pay for the TV headphones as well so I switched it to a sports channel and watched an American Football game without the commentary. :bigsmile:

Sneaky or what?! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Guys. Just take your portable cell fone jammer with you and watch the flite crew go mad…

What?!! Something sensible?!! NO WAY! Heck… if I did that, i’d probably see a scene like Leslie Nielsen caused, walking out of the cockpit, casually asking, “Say, does anyone know how to fly an airplane?”

Or else, when we landed, all the Applephiles would be ground-kissing and doing Colin Clive impersonations - “It’s alive! ALIVE!!”

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2656054]What?!! Something sensible?!! NO WAY! Heck… if I did that, i’d probably see a scene like Leslie Nielsen caused, walking out of the cockpit, casually asking, “Say, does anyone know how to fly an airplane?”

Or else, when we landed, all the Applephiles would be ground-kissing and doing Colin Clive impersonations - “It’s alive! ALIVE!!”[/QUOTE]

You can take a girl outta Texas but you can’t take Texas outta the girl.
What’s the BCW in your name Christine?

You first! (And we can start burying Cinavia battles!)

I’ve thought about making a cell phone jammer for my car with antenna so it has some range . I can imagine all the swerving in front of me as cell phone users that are pretending to be driving try to figure out why they lost signal.

I got to give the Amarillo city commission some very small applause . They did pass an ordnance against driving while texting or using a hand held cell phone.

Of course I’m sure anyone using a hands free device is paying full attention to their driving . Not from what I observe.

Laws like above are like using a bandaid to reattach a severed limb .
There is only one law that would work that is a ban of any cell phone use in a moving vehicle . That way a detector like a radar gun for speeding can detect a cellphone in use in a vehicle.

I compare the need for this to the “Open container laws” . There is no valid reason an adult passenger in a vehicle in not allowed to drink alcohol in a vehicle being dirven by a sober driver. The reason it is against the law for all passengers is because it is too easy for a driver that is drinking to pass the drink to a passenger.

The same can & will be done with cell phones being used in a vehicle . So only a complete ban works. My 2 cents worth.