Bodgy sony dw-u18a

vbimport

Alright i’ve seen many threads on this drive. I’ve had mine for a few months and bought a pack of 50 dvd-r’s for it. All of the movies i burnt with the drive would all freeze when it would get close to the end of the movies. I just thought the discs were defective since i burnt some backup dvd’s with these discs and they didn’t work either. I recently bought some laser branded dvd-rs and have reburnt some of my movies so far the movies work on my dvd player but not on my xbox or ps2. Can somone please tell me what i need to do so that i can burn movies onto dvd-r and they will work in anything that plays dvd’s. Help would be greatly appreciated.

I have now converted my drive to the lite-on sohw 832s :slight_smile: , so i will see how i go at burning now.

It works fine now :bigsmile: . Thank you very much cd freaks. :bow:

Where did you find the drivers and firmware for this drive? i have the DW-D18A and can’t seem to find them anywhere.

well i found a number of links to other programs and firmware and eventually ended up making this http://ccc.domaindlx.com/bgcboomerhell/832S.VS0B.stock2.renametozip
Use it at your own risk though. I can not burn with nero but instead i burn to image files and burn them with a program called dvd decrypter( I f anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.
Also when applying this make sure that you are applying it to a sony dw-u18a otherwise it will stuff up your drive.