BMG pins CD hopes on movie passes - Free with a CD

I just posted the article BMG pins CD hopes on movie passes - Free with a CD.

In order to seduce more customers in buying CDs, BMG Canada has launched a new campaign. When customers buy CDs of a list of populair artists they receive a free pass to the movies. Amongst the…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4773-BMG-pins-CD-hopes-on-movie-passes---Free-with-a-CD.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4773-BMG-pins-CD-hopes-on-movie-passes---Free-with-a-CD.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I saw something similar on tv. An advertisement for a dvd, i think it was spiderman, not sure though. But anyway they offered a free movie ticket in specialy marked dvds.

I think it’s great that they’re making the product better, rather than trying to label us all as criminals. So kudos for the idea. But this is the wrong way to go about it. Some people will certainly buy records that they wouldn’t have been sure about buying before because they get a free cinema pass, gift voucher, whatever. A much better idea is the practise adopted bu Bon Jovi - buying the CD and entering a code on the website allows you to access exclusive Bon Jov-related material. So the companies are increasing the quality of a product you like anyway. The proposal mentioned in this report would make a sham of the charts, because people would buy records for the wrong reasons. Not everyone, but enough.

I too think that they are headed in the right direction. A little more value for the money is always a good thing.

Amongst the artists are Santana, Foo Fighters, Christina Aguilera, Toni Braxton and Canada’s Deborah Cox.
add britney, pavarotti and maybe christina millian and we’ll have the worst list of selected artists ever! :r :4 :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Nahh, I like what they did with Cereal a while back in this country (Canada). They included a free movie pass with each box. Most cereals had kid passes but adult cereals had adult movie passes. The cereal cost less then a movie pass. My wife and I were going to the movie one night so we bought 2 boxes of cereal cost us $12 instead of $20 (we get a student discount). Plus to boot we had cereal!!! A bonus that is not mail in worth more then the product is the way to go!!!