Blurring Motion

vbimport

I downloaded a bunch of movies recently, legally and all above board I might add. Thing is, after using my Nero Vision 4 (Nero 7 Premium Re-loaded) to burn the movies onto DVD I noticed an annoying defect. When viewing the movies, anything faster, and including, walking pace results in a blurring of some of the characters or, for example, a vehicle. Why does this happen ?

Poor choice of encoder and or incorrect settings used in the encoding. Too low a bitrate for a motion scenes is probably the cause.

What size are the files you downloaded compared to their running time? What format are they in, and what codec was used in making them? Did you convert the files to dvd-video, or did you simply burn them to disks in their downloaded format?

Use a program called MediaInfo to examine the downloaded file and post your results here. I find the Tree view within MediaInfo to be the most informative.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2601753]Poor choice of encoder and or incorrect settings used in the encoding. Too low a bitrate for a motion scenes is probably the cause.

What size are the files you downloaded compared to their running time? What format are they in, and what codec was used in making them? Did you convert the files to dvd-video, or did you simply burn them to disks in their downloaded format?

Use a program called MediaInfo to examine the downloaded file and post your results here. I find the Tree view within MediaInfo to be the most informative.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply.
It would be nice to know what you are talking about.:slight_smile:
You say ‘poor choice of encoder’ - what IS an encoder ?
Incorrect settings ? If that’s the case then how do I ‘correct’ the settings ?
Bitrate ? What can I do about that ?
The file sizes are anything from 500MB to 1.5GB.
The file types are usually avi, mpg, windows movie or mp4, those types are usually dragged-n-dropped into Nero and then burned onto DVD. Mak files are converted to Mpeg1 using Any Video Converter or ConvertX to DVD and then burned.
Running times vary from movie to movie of course.
As for the codec - sorry, don’t know what you’re talking about.
As for MediaInfo, I wouldn’t know what to do with it even if I had it.