Blurred images when printing DVD covers

Hi everybody

I’m new here, so apologies if this has been covered already, although I can’t find it.

My printer is a new Canon iP4500. I have started printing jewel case covers and inlays for my DVDs and CDs.

I use Neato (MediaFACE) photo matte sheets.

The problem is that after printing just one sheet, the next sheet has blurred print and therefore useless and wasted. Usually I can cure this by carrying out a clean of the print head.

But surely this should not be necessary after just one sheet of labels? Besides anything else, carrying out a head clean wastes ink.

I will be grateful for any advice.

You probably should post an image of what’s happening. My hunch is that the problem is the paper being used, but without seeing the problem it’s impossible to say.

Hi

Thanks for replying.

As I said, I am using ready prepared template labels on photo matt paper. The make is Fellowes / Neato / MediaFace.

I set my printer preferences to “photo matt” and the quality to high.

The resulting printout is blurred - no sharp edges to text or images.

Sorry I don’t have a scanner to show you the result.

Well, if you can print the same material on different paper with good results, then you have your answer. Are you sure you are printing to the correct side of the paper?

[QUOTE=renard;1978972]Hi

Thanks for replying.

As I said, I am using ready prepared template labels on photo matt paper. The make is Fellowes / Neato / MediaFace.

I set my printer preferences to “photo matt” and the quality to high.

The resulting printout is blurred - no sharp edges to text or images.

Sorry I don’t have a scanner to show you the result.[/QUOTE]

you have quality set to the highest, reset to normal and all should be well.
The paper doesn’t appear to like the amount of ink being deposited on it.

Thanks for the advice, [B]CDan[/B] and [B]weedougie[/B].

I will try your suggestions soon and post the result. I’m rather busy with other things today.

[B]CDan[/B], I am definitely printing on the correct side of the paper, thanks. :slight_smile:

Sorry to be so long in coming back.

For the information of anyone else having similar problems, I have discovered that when printing with the Canon ip4500 onto Fellowes Neato matte inserts, the best printer settings are Photo Glossy and ‘standard’.