Bluray

vbimport

Why can I copy a dvd in 15-20 minutes but with a blu ray it takes 24 hours? Am I doing something wrong? A dvd is 4.4g, a bluray is 18g so I would think the time factor would be a little over 4 due to the size of the bluray? Or could it be that dvdfab bluray isnt quite perfected yet? Just curious.

[QUOTE=im_catinhiding;2467288]Why can I copy a dvd in 15-20 minutes but with a blu ray it takes 24 hours? Am I doing something wrong? A dvd is 4.4g, a bluray is 18g so I would think the time factor would be a little over 4 due to the size of the bluray? Or could it be that dvdfab bluray isnt quite perfected yet? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah it’s not quite perfect, but it shouldn’t take 24 hours to rip a BD
What is the BD you are trying to backup ?
and what is your OS ?

xp pro-My sisters keeper. I thought I may have settings wrong somewhere in the program? Also before it starts to rip the dvd it displays a message that it has to connect to the internet? Havent seen that before?

Hi im_catinhiding,
Yes a internet connection is required, and don’t ask me why because I don’t know.
as for your setting, this is how I am set up.
open common setting, in the left column,

DVD/Blu-ray …> read …> I/O mode …> auto …> cache control …> box is checked.

Write …> Burn engine …> ImgBurn …> Blu-ray …> write speed …> recommended …> writable media (BD 25) size = 23700 …> writable media (BD 50) =43700, all lower boxes left unchecked.

Protection …> Blu-ray …> all boxes should be checked …> region code if in N.A. or Canada is A.

BD 2 BD default size is at BD 50

well that is how I am set up and no problems so far, but the internet connection is a must.