Bluray to Bluray problem

vbimport

Anyone had problems with bluray to bluray problems while burning Avatar or Hurt Locker? When I try my processor clocks out at 100% and I’m told it wil take 20 hours to copy. I’ve not had this problem before. Oh, I had updated just before I copied. And I had burned Hurt Locker before with no problems (if that helps).

Blu ray to Blu ray? Are you talking about that section within DVDFab?

If so, this thread should be in the DVDFab subforum.

Yep it is,sorry about that.

Hi atomont:
Can you give us just a little more info such as:
what is your computers cpu,
what are your optical drives,
what version of DVDfab are you using.
are you trying to compress this back up video?
etc.

any and all info you can offer helps us to help you,to work around this issue.
:slight_smile:
P.S. I didn’t have any problems backing up these two movies.

My laptop is Hp, intel centrino 2, burner is Hp. PC is HP, amd 62 core duo, burner is HP. I have used DVDFAB bluray for two years with the same machine with no problems. DVDFAB is 7.0.8.2. Now,after rereading my post I realized I didn’t tell you that I’m down in Mexico. Would that be a problem?

[QUOTE=atomant;2540445]My laptop is Hp, intel centrino 2, burner is Hp. PC is HP, amd 62 core duo, burner is HP. I have used DVDFAB bluray for two years with the same machine with no problems. DVDFAB is 7.0.8.2. Now,after rereading my post I realized I didn’t tell you that I’m down in Mexico. Would that be a problem?[/QUOTE]

Hi atomant:
been away for a few days so I haven’t forgotten about you.

It might be a problem if your region code is still at #1, if I am not mistaken (and if I am I hope somebody will correct me) Mexico is a region code #4, so will need to go into setting >[B] under the protection tab [/B]< and make that change.

Hey Guys,it’s still taking 14 to 15 hours to “back up” my bluray movies and my processor meter shows it running at 90 to 100%. Any ideas why?? The movie now is Couples Retreat,but others have taken just as long. HELP!!!

It sounds like DVDFab is compressing the contents of the Blu-ray, meaning the output is selected as BD-25, BD-9. BD-5, etc. Compressing a BD is a very processor intensive task, and you’re using a laptop am I right? Laptops tend to not have the greatest GPUs, and Fab will utilize this if it’s available, but I’m guessing it isn’t. This would cause your compression times to be so high. I think my times are usually around 1 to 2 hours, depending on the movie with a geforce gtx 260 core 216 SC and a phenom II x4 945. If you have selected the BD-50 option and you do not want to compress the movie, and it’s taking that long just to rip the disc as-is, then click on the little green checkmark at the top of DVDFab and go to “General” then make sure “Check for DMA automatically” is checked and click on the “Reset DMA” button. I would also try updating the the latest beta release, which is 8.0.1.6 to see the result. Thanks.

Edit: Also, click on the little green checkmark at the top and go to A/V Codec Settings and report everything that it says there.

Am making the adjustments and will try another back-up. Thank You All !!! Oh,now I my computer won’t recognize “Tropic Thunder”,wow,one thing after another !! Then on my home computer it keeps telling me that my subscription has expired,even after I renewed and updated !!! OMG!!!