Bluray archiving

Just checking to make sure I understand how this thing works…

In order to archive my blurays I need to purchase bluray copying license. Once I archive my blurays to my hard drive then I can use the bluray to DVD option. I can’t just do bluray to DVD because the original bluray is still on its bluray and all copy protected.

First I have to rip the bluray to remove the copy protection. Which means I need to purchase the bluray copying license.

Is that correct? Am I missing something?

I would think all you need is BR to DVD if that is what you want to do, course I’m not into BR backups so not sure.

You could use the 30 day trial for the BR to DVD to see if it fits your needs, hopefully someone who has both options will jump in to give you a better answer.

I tried BD to DVD and got Work error 1 message.

I never tried the BD ripping piece before my trial period ran out.

Won’t let me do it now.

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2572323]I tried BD to DVD and got Work error 1 message.

I never tried the BD ripping piece before my trial period ran out.

Won’t let me do it now.[/QUOTE]

“Work error 1 message” :confused: sorry never seen of that error before are you talking about “Task 1 failed message” ?

As far as I know the trial period does not start until you use it :confused:

Error said “Work…”

Probably forgot that I looked at the BD rip piece.

Tried the BD to DVD option but this time using my internal hard drive as the storage option and DVD Fab is cruising along. Yesterday I tried going to an external USB 2.0 hard drive, a drive I’ve used before. Waiting for this current operation to finish, about 20 more minutes, to try to the external device again and see if I get the error code.