BluFilter may a provide a solution for artists and Filesharers

vbimport

I just posted the article BluFilter may a provide a solution for artists and Filesharers.

Exciting news over at 
Music Industry 

News may provide a much needed
solution for the online music community. A BETA release of BluFilter:
Authorize software will allow…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6255-BluFilter-may-a-provide-a-solution-for-artists-and-Filesharers.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6255-BluFilter-may-a-provide-a-solution-for-artists-and-Filesharers.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Although this will help both the Music Industry and possibly keep the file sharing companies (who make the P2P software) out of trouble, this may put off users who download music to see what the song is like before purchasing it. If this new software allows the song to be listened to at least once before deletion, this should help :wink: In a different way: How many would buy a car without being allowed to test drive it? :stuck_out_tongue:

actually I bought a car one time without test driving it.

If they want to sell me a song they can PAY to host the file; putting it on the P2P network makes the costs to share files ZERO and I don’t care to save the music business any money by letting someone download a file off my computer for the RIAA to make a profit, and If I’m gonna PAY for a file I want it to be correctly encoded and produced and I don’t trust any P2P fool to do that. P2P is for Piracy and nothing else, if I’m going to pay I expect good files and quick access something you don’t get with a P2P networks. My standards are very VERY low when something is FREE but very high when I have to pay. The only exception to this thought would be if you’re talking independent music that you would not find on a web music store. But because I don’t have time to sample zillions of tracks I don’t think I’d pay for something like that anyway.

you’ve brave! Internet users might be interested in BluFilter if the price if right. Else back to just P2P…

One problem that will serious put users off this if there is no option to preview a song: If a user happens to download a fake song (main verse repeated over & over) or a song with several glitches & skips then if this software only gives the user a choice to pay & keep it or delete it, there will be a problem… :stuck_out_tongue: At least with online music stores even if the music is crippled with DRM, the song is guaranteed to be complete, of some decent quality and to be free of glitches & skips
[edited by seanbyrne on 20.07.2003 18:22]

What the hell does this have to do with test driving a car? That’s idiotic. It’s not as though you can test drive the car to your house. Drive it whenever you please and “burn” as many copies of the car for your own purposes or to give out to friends… A test drive is an incredibly different thing. A better example would be a test drive and a streamed song that was waterwarked in some way so it couldn’t be copied.

Actually I’ve known several people to keep a car for the weekend or a couple of days when test driving cars.

• yawn * :r

I agree with seanbyrne. If there is no way of telling if the song is a good rip, I would never buy anything. Most Kazaa rips are 128 kbit also, and, while I can’t tell the difference, I am aware lots of people can. And shouldn’t some money go to the ripper? I mean, he’s making that music available.

erm, correct me if I’m wrong, but When a user or file sharer completes the download of a song its already on the HD when the thing checks it? Whats to stop someone whisking it off somewhere else while the thing waits for you to answer if you want to buy it? I’m all for try before you buy, I mean, most songs release today arent worth the CDs they’re printed on, and of all the CDs I have bought, I made sure that all the songs were good ones, rather than 2 good and 10 shite.

I bet bet BluFilter Lite won’t have any limits!

wtf why are people using p2p appz when they could use good old mighty mirc :d as long as irc is alive i will not use any p2p appz its either mirc or ftp baby

“the digital signatures used during cross-referencing, are generated based on the waveforms that make a piece of music sound the way it does” if it really does work this way it sucks. If the same file is encoded using different bitrates or different encoders, the waveforms will be totally different and so the digital signatures will be different

[I]What the hell does this have to do with test driving a car? That’s idiotic. It’s not as though you can test drive the car to your house. Drive it whenever you please and “burn” as many copies of the car for your own purposes or to give out to friends… A test drive is an incredibly different thing. A better example would be a test drive and a streamed song that was waterwarked in some way so it couldn’t be copied.[/I] You’re not getting the point. Nobody pays for something he hasn’t seen, tried or heard before. You drive a car before you buy it. You open a magazine before you buy it. You listen to a record before you buy it. You fit clothes before you buy them. … And I don’t know where you buy your cars, but when I’m testdriving a new car I can drive anywhere and to wherever I want.

Hey guys, Just to introduce myself quickly, I’m the Product Manager for BluFilter. I would just like to say, many of you have brought up good points and concerns regarding this system. We really appreciate that, and are planning to make a post in the day or so in the forums and we will be providing extra information and details. All I can say quickly, is that the system is still in development and we are dedicated to adding several new features. Thanks for all the helpful feedback. :slight_smile: