Bluescreen on boot

vbimport

Hi

I am getting the "bluescreen" at the end of booting almost 1 out of 3 times...

Sometimes I can just continue and the system runs fine, other times it all halts.
I think (not sure at all) it may be some drivers that fail to load, but why two
scenarios...?

I`ve logged the boot several times and searcing for the phrase "fail" gives
these results:

-[00115BA2] LoadFailed = ndis2sup.vxd

-[00115D68] INITCOMPLETEFAILED = SDVXD

Any suggestions how to fix this...?

Cheers
Rob

System:

win98se
abit be6
p2 450
sb live value
conexant 56k
asus geforce 256 ddr

About the first one :

Link

"
LoadFailed = ndis2sup.vxd
If the network driver interface specification (NDIS) 2 support driver does not find any NDIS 2 drivers to support, the driver is not loaded.
"

About the last one :

Same Link

"
InitCompleteFailed = SDVXD
Windows automatically loads a miniature disk cache to increase the speed of the startup process. When the startup process is complete, the miniature disk cache is unloaded from memory. When the cache is unloaded, the “InitCompleteFailed = SDVXD” line is added to the Bootlog.txt file to indicate that the miniature disk cache has been removed from memory. This behavior is typical.
"

Since you have no Network Interface Card (NIC) i suggest removing the modem and try then. Could be bad conexant drivers.

According to Microshaft’s link it’s not convenient to search for the word “fail” in the bootlog.txt file. Better write down what’s on the blue screen , could give more info.

Thanx Mr. B

I`ll give it a go…

The message on the Bluscreen is “Vital exception at 03B7:0000382F the program is closed”

This is translated from my language so the syntax is probably different in english versions

Cheers :smiley:

Originally posted by wonderboy
[B]Thanx Mr. B

I`ll give it a go…

The message on the Bluscreen is “Vital exception at 03B7:0000382F the program is closed”

This is translated from my language so the syntax is probably different in english versions

Cheers :smiley: [/B]

There’s no name of a .VXD , a .DLL or a program ?

I couldn’t find anything which even remote resembles that bluescreen. Type the full blue screen in your native language then please.

Of course…now it took a while to get the problem, but here it is (In Norwegian):

Windows

Et uopprettelig unntak 0E oppstod ved 017F:BFF83C29. Gjeldende
program avsluttes.

• Trykk en tast for Ã¥ avslutte programmet
  • Trykk Ctrl+Alt+DEL for Ã¥ starte maskinen pÃ¥ nytt. Alle data
    som ikke er lagret, vil gå tapt.

Then I hit Space, and the same message appears only at address 015F:0000663D.

Hitting Space again and the screen goes black and I have to reboot…next time
everything works fine…

The only things I run on startup:

Explorer
Navapw32 (Norton AV)
Loadqm
Systray

Thinking about it…could it be a crash in like Explorer rather than a failed load of a .vxd ?

I found something that points to Norton Antivirus :

Link

After searching further on that i found this on the Microsoft’ website.

This is also a Microsoft thingy with NAV and Win2k. Maybe the SP1 of NAV is the issue.

Hope some of it helps.

Never knew Rainbow Islands was a Norwegian game :slight_smile: