BlueRay option stopped working - HELP

I am a registered user of DVDFab Platinum version 5.x. I was using Beta version 5.3.1 and it says that the BlueRay option was for a Trial User and has expired. I thought that this was an all inclusive product. Do I have to pay more to use the Blueray option?

Also I downloaded the latest Beta for 6.0.0.3 and this now has a separate section for BD to BD backups. But when I click on this section it tells me that this option has expired and it wants me to spend another $8.00 online at DVDFab to enable. Yet when I go to the website there is no information that descibes the Blueray options as separate pay/per features.

Can someone please explain this and provide a clear break down of the features and costs? I feel like I got a bait-and-switch product when I bought the 5.x version in early April.:a

[QUOTE=tunester;2272299]I am a registered user of DVDFab Platinum version 5.x. I was using Beta version 5.3.1 and it says that the BlueRay option was for a Trial User and has expired. I thought that this was an all inclusive product. Do I have to pay more to use the Blueray option?

Also I downloaded the latest Beta for 6.0.0.3 and this now has a separate section for BD to BD backups. But when I click on this section it tells me that this option has expired and it wants me to spend another $8.00 online at DVDFab to enable. Yet when I go to the website there is no information that descibes the Blueray options as separate pay/per features.

Can someone please explain this and provide a clear break down of the features and costs? I feel like I got a bait-and-switch product when I bought the 5.x version in early April.:a[/QUOTE]

It is the all-in-one program BUT not all-in-one price, you have to pay for each option separately :slight_smile:

The BR was only a 30 day trial peroid, if you read some of the updates here in the forum you will find it, And no it wasn’t a bait and switch

tunester
I’m very busy right now BUT sometime today I will type up a possible workaround for you to use the BR option and send it to you in a PM(private message) :wink:

Jimbo,

I do not know wether you work for DVDFab or not but… Where on the DVDFab website does it explain that you must pay extra for BD copy??? I just went through all dialogs to purchase the platinum product and cannot find any option to even purchase a BD copy feature. A consumer should not have to search forums to uncover pricing options for a product. These should be clearly articulated when purchasing the product. Better yet they should appear on a pricing comparison sheet.

Sorry to be venting at you. But this is totally a bait-and-switch approach!!

Thats why the BR is still in the beta (testing ) and when it is finished it will be posted on the official web site and if you had it before then you got it from a beta version, thats one reason the beta’s aren’t posted on the web site just in the forum’s where there has been many post on it, Also while it’s still in the testing then there is no info on the pricing yet until it’s final, And no I don’t work for DVDFAB, It’s not a bait and switch

Any version that has blueray is a beta not a final release, when there is a final blueray release there will be an option to buy it. The beta releases are only for testing. No bait and switch, get over it.

Actually, if you review the Platinum page
http://dvdfab.com/dvd-fab-platinum.htm
It does not indicate that BD is included in the product at all. Further, if you read the product comparison page
http://dvdfab.com/fab-compare.htm
It’s not listed as a feature on any version of Fab 5 at this point.

As noted, it’s a feature of Fab6, which is still in beta, and not officially ready for release.

Edit:
~Jethro~ beat me to it.

tunester
You have a PM and if you have any questions about it just PM me back :wink:

[QUOTE=tunester;2273044]Jimbo,

I do not know wether you work for DVDFab or not but… Where on the DVDFab website does it explain that you must pay extra for BD copy??? I just went through all dialogs to purchase the platinum product and cannot find any option to even purchase a BD copy feature. A consumer should not have to search forums to uncover pricing options for a product. These should be clearly articulated when purchasing the product. Better yet they should appear on a pricing comparison sheet.

Sorry to be venting at you. But this is totally a bait-and-switch approach!![/QUOTE]It cannot be bait and switch if the “switch” is not available for sale. The website will be updated soon and the pricing options will be clearly posted there, not here in the forum (at least that has been the pattern in the past).

tunester
have not gotten another PM from you in two days so I take it the little workaround for using blu-ray worked for you :wink: