Blue Screen

vbimport

Windows XP with SP2 and 1GB memory.

Re: AnyDVD 5.9.6.1

I saw the FAQ about Blue Screen and SAFE MODE. Can you explain the condition(s) under which a Blue Screen happens? Also, what does the fix, setting SAFE MODE on do?

I didnt know you could still get bsod in xp :confused:

Yup, I use to get it frequently until I figured out the problem. Mine was a bad power cable going to the video card.

You can go into the administrative tools/event veiwer and see what is causing the problem.

Thanks for the tip, but SlySoft has specifically addressed blue screens with a custom remedy. Here it is:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/my-pc-shuts-down-with-a-blue-screen-faq.10.20.html

SlySoft expended time and money to add a specific option to get around a blue screen. Given that AnyDVD is a driver and can cause blue screens under certain circumstances, I would like to know what is behind the fix? Under what conditions can AnyDVD generate a blue screen. Also, why would everybody not just turn SAFE MODE on all the time if it prevents a blue screen.

safe mode is not compatible with certain programs. i’m nto sure what it exactly does, but they experimented with having safe mode on by default with all new installs and they got more complaints than when they had it off by default.

safe mode is also used if anydvd is not working with RAID setups.

again, I’m not sure what it does, but I know that another instance in which safe mode is used.

slysoft themselves would really be the best suited to answer this qusetion. I recommend you email themm at support(at)slysoft(dot)com

@ Gary Parent,

Normally when the BSoD (Blue Screen Of Death) appears an Error Narrative is displayed stating why the BSoD appeared and also some parameters are displayed. In some instances the BSoD Error Narrative even provides suggested corrective action(s).

Providing this information would be helpful in determining the cause of BSoD and will lead to appropriate corrective action to prevent BSoD.

Best Regards,
bjkg

i don’t think he has a problem. it seems to me that he’s just wondering how anydvd could cause a BSOD and what safe mode actually does. these are questions that only Slysoft is really equipped to answer.

@Gary, if I’m wrong and you do have a problem, then provide more info like bjkg said…

Hi,

A friend who bought AnyDVD based on my telling him it was a no brainer way to decrypt on the fly, which he still does not understand. :wink: However, I have to work indirectly with him as I am not on site where he reported the problem. I told him his purchase is sound. Also, I can not confirm 100% that its AnyDVD being the problem. It was one of two programs newly installed (the other being an update to Nero), and since AnyDVD is a driver I naturally thought it might be the culprit. I am not making a formal complaint because my friend is the user, but a neophyte so I am being the good friend who is researching it. I promise to get more detail. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Safe mode turns off some of the extended features that anydvd supports (such as internet interactivity on BDs). Some newer BD disks can cause BSODs. Safe mode turns off these extended features although this may cause certain dvd playback software not to work. If you get a BSOD while trying to rip a BD disk then just turn on safemode and it will rip fine. then turn it off after that so you get the full functionality back. Note this is safe mode for Anydvd not safe mode for XP that we are talking about.

Getting a BSOD using anydvd is usually not a indication that you have something wrong with your computer unless you still get them with safe mode turned on.

[QUOTE=Jamos;2088123]Safe mode turns off some of the extended features that anydvd supports (such as internet interactivity on BDs). Some newer BD disks can cause BSODs. Safe mode turns off these extended features although this may cause certain dvd playback software not to work. If you get a BSOD while trying to rip a BD disk then just turn on safemode and it will rip fine. then turn it off after that so you get the full functionality back. Note this is safe mode for Anydvd not safe mode for XP that we are talking about.

Getting a BSOD using anydvd is usually not a indication that you have something wrong with your computer unless you still get them with safe mode turned on.[/QUOTE]Raise up a 2+ yr old thread Jamos :confused: :clap:

[QUOTE=Bob;2088153]Raise up a 2+ yr old thread Jamos :confused: :clap:[/QUOTE]

hehe well the issue still exists with anydvd…so it is still relevent…:stuck_out_tongue:

[Sarcasm]
Remove XP and install Vista will eliminate the BSOD’s :smiley:
[/End Sarcasm]

{sarcasm}

This was last replied to in 2006 hmmmm…