Blue Screen when playing video. (DVD or mp4/avi)

vbimport

Hi,

I am new to the forums. Recently when I try to play a dvd or MP4/avi compressed video or whatever, when I open up the file in a media player (I use media player classic) all I get is a still blue picture. I can hear the sound. It randomly just does it sometimes, but I have found that a reboot solves it.

It always does it when i convert a video to DVD format (vob,ifo etc) it is very annoying.

I am running XP professional SP2.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=tin701;2123227]Hi,

I am new to the forums. Recently when I try to play a dvd or MP4/avi compressed video or whatever, when I open up the file in a media player (I use media player classic) all I get is a still blue picture. I can hear the sound. It randomly just does it sometimes, but I have found that a reboot solves it.

It always does it when i convert a video to DVD format (vob,ifo etc) it is very annoying.

I am running XP professional SP2.

Any ideas?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You should try to play them using VLC and update to SP3. I think your MP is to old to handle newer files. What program are you using to convert to DVD might also be causing problem but since we don’t know what progam your using we can’t help there. Have you check to see if you don’t have some bad installs causing this problem?

Hi, Thanks for the reply!

The media player is not the problem, because the blue picture comes up in all the media players i have. I know they aren’t the culprit because after a reboot the videos play fine on Media Player classic.

I am using “ConvertXtoDVD” by VSO software.

I am going to update to SP3

Thanks again for the reply!

[QUOTE=tin701;2123575]Hi, Thanks for the reply!

The media player is not the problem, because the blue picture comes up in all the media players i have. I know they aren’t the culprit because after a reboot the videos play fine on Media Player classic.

I am using “ConvertXtoDVD” by VSO software.

I am going to update to SP3

Thanks again for the reply![/QUOTE]

Make sure you have the lasted convertxtodvd 3 software…plus before converting play the video from beginning to end to see if there are any flaws…My advice for SP3 is download the iso and then use the iso downloaded to create the cd and update it from that…I know there is a exe sp3 but I would recommend going with the iso…

The iso would be a better way to go. I might do that on the weekend.

Come to think of it I do have a pretty old version of ConvertXtoDVD, it probably would be worth updating.