Blue screen on winXP... help me?

vbimport

i record an film on media center of windows Xp but
sometimes (not always !!!) in random mode it
crash and say:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
stop: 0x000000D1
( 0x00000060, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF772AD6E )
USBEHCI.SYS
address F772AD6E base at F7727000
datestamp 453ca420

is an hp pavlion notebook! no USB periferical attached (no mouse
or others usb device! )
i use an tv-digital card NOT USB, but a pc express card !
what is the problem of this Blue screen in random mode ???

please help me… i tested the RAM with memtest86+ but nothing
error…
i update all, driver and bios ! why crash and blue screen only
when i record a film on media center ? but NOT always but
sometimes in random mode (after 30 minuter or after 2 hours
of record ) ???

Try looking in the bios for IRQ settings, it should be on auto, but try assigning them.

This used to be common on some Hauppauge cards. If yours is a hauppauge then pop over to the forums that are under http://www.hauppauge.co.uk as there is a very long thread about that error.

the link of discussion ?

what i to do in BIOS ??? is an notebook …

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a common problem. Last autumn I searched the Microsoft Knowledgebase and found a page giving details of a hot fix that can be installed. The hot fix could not be downloaded directly, you had to read the warnings then contact Microsoft using the link on the page and they would e-mail you a link to download it. This hot fix seemed to help on my father’s computer (Win XP SP2, Athlon 1000 & SIS 730 motherboard).

I think the Knowledgebase article you are looking for is KB937367.

You never mentioned which TV tuner card you are using but someone did mention Hauppauge. IF it is a Hauppauge you can try this. Go to their website and download the latest drivers for your card. Uninstall the current software/drivers and then use the Hauppauge cleanup tool that will be in the download folder to insure that things are cleaned. Then reinstall whatever software that you need to make it work. A point to consider is that Windows MediaCenter edition does not require all of the software needed to run the tuner. If you are not using Hauppauge then please tell us what you are using.

hi Ibex… i not see this KB937367 … where is ?

[B]and please you please send to me the hotfix ?[/B]

this is my e-mail: 1966vgs@libero.it

thanks !!!

p.s. i use the original tv-tuner card HP !

To find the knowledgebase article all you have to do is go to microsoft.com and do a search for KB937367. I have just tried this and the search found the correct page (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937367). There is even an option on the right side of the page to translate it into Italian for you.