Blue Screen - Help?

im having trouble with installing a new graphics card. i installed the card & driver then shut down the pc. i then installed a 2.1gb hdd asd backup for the 250(to keep installers). when i booted up it tried to boot windows 98(on the 2.1hd) instead of xp. i took the 2.1hd & graphics card out & tried to boot normally. i recieved a blue screen when trying to boot in safe mode. it says:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. i ended up putting xp on the 2.1hd & eventually bios recognized them both. someone said the error is because (more than likely) a graphics card driver isnt installed correctly. he says if i download the latest version, it should sort itself… if i go to my computer, they are both there. so can i download the driver to the 2.1gb & transfer to the 250? if so, how? also somebody else said this message occurs when 2 parts(eg hdd & gpu) try to share the same IRQ CHANNEL… is there a way, i can see what hardware, im installing to what channel?? i can go to start>control panel>system>hardward> device manager, &this tells me what is set to what channel. but is there a way i can do it when installing graphics card?? also, someone reccomended installing xp again onto the 250, but choose not to format. would this work? i even tried repair console, i typed in FIXMBR & FIXBOOT, but it still gets a BLUE SCREEN, i would really appreciate some help here… thanks

Try totally uninstalling any graphics drivers / agp drivers, reboot and install the latest drivers for your video card. This error msg is usually either down to corrupt video drivers or failing RAM.

The only way of stopping xp from sharing IRQ’s is to re-install it, pressing F6 during installation when it asks for RAID drivers, and choosing Normal PC rather than ACPI enabled. However, most people run a system with shared IRQ’s and no probs so I can’t imagine this being the culprit.

Try googling DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL to see what you can find.

Like I said in your other thread, re-install Windows on your freshly [B]re-formatted[/B] sata drive. Then worry about the graphics card and drivers.

Fix one problem at a time, worst to least concern.