Blue screen error because of driver unsigned by Microsoft

vbimport

Every time I connect my DVD/CD recorder to the computer, I get a message asking if I want to download the driver because it is unsigned by Microsoft and may be harmful to my computer. I have to click yes in order to burn a CD. (The motor wore out in my original CD/DVD drive in my laptop.) It burns CD’s successfully, but the next time I use my computer I always get a blue screen error and I have to restart.

The CD/DVD recorder did not come with a driver CD and there are no available drivers on the I/O Magic website. What can I do to fix this issue?

Hi and Welcome!

downloadable drivers for optical drives do not exist. Exception: interface drivers for USB drives and Windows 98. Newer flavours of Windows support USB optical drives out of the box.

My suggestion: Reinstall your motherboard chipset drivers and see if that helps.

Michael

"Newer flavours of Windows support USB optical drives out of the box."
I have XP media center edition

"My suggestion: Reinstall your motherboard chipset drivers and see if that helps."
No idea how to do this especially because I have no use of a CD drive to reinstall Windows.

You shall not reinstall Windows, but the chipset drivers. Check the support website of your computer (or motherboard) manufacturer, download and install them according to the instructions given in the enclosed readme file or other documents on the support website.

Michael